TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newcomer to the TL world and just happens I got two of them in the same week! A 1997 TL1000S that needs all new fairings and a 1999 TL1000R that is in immaculate shape. My question is I don't really like the look of the S model and was wondering if the 98-03 fairings would fit on there without fabrication. Or are there other model bike fairings that fit my S model? Thanks so much and God bless!!!

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
welcome dude

dont fit R fairings to the S it looks shit and it isnt as straight forward as u'd think

were in the world are u?

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Welcome mate :bigfinger

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am currently in Knoxville, Tennessee (United States), but trying to get both bikes ready before I move to Texas. The 1000S I bought came with the stock side and front fairing and also the stock rear. It also came with a lower fairing that looks nothing like my 99 TL's lower fairing so it came off a different model bike I think. 3md3o73pf5O65W65R0acrf60d0527ebec13c3.jpg 3md3o73pf5O65W65R0acrf60d0527ebec13c3.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No not right now. Those are off the ad I bought it from. Took fairings off already in hopes of finding new ones.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Welcome to the site!

As Mark said it's not a straight swap. A member here did it and had to fab up some brackets to make the fairings fit.

Here is a pic of what his looked like

And a Photoshopped?? pic of a S with R front fairings and stock S tail( Just ignore the lady to the right)

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Its very photo shopped that pic is John, the fairings aren't the right shape :laugh
Look at how sloped the screen is and how short the lower is when fitted to the S... It can only go UP so far as it'll burn on the pipes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Question. Is there any other model, such as any GSXR, that parts will fit on the R and S models? I need a whole brake assembly and there SO damn hard to find. Found one before xmas, bought it, and it got lost in the mail. Ever since then I've had the worst luck finding parts!

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
What brake parts you after?

Front discs, calipers and master (different shape res) are the same as Busa 99-07,
rear caliper and master is same as alot of 90's-00's GSXR

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Pm SnailsPace (member) he probably has one cheap enough for you... unless someone pipes up with a freebie in the US.

I have one, but shipping would kill it for you :banghead

1 - 20 of 30 Posts