TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I've given up on the stock steering damper.

What are my options? I found a GPR for $437. I would REALLY not like to spend that much.

Any cheaper alternatives? Cross fitment from other bikes? I do not have the nut mount for the stock unit, which is why I am looking.

Thanks, guys. You've been a huge help so far!

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
The Hyperpro RSC is very progressive, so IMHO it's in a class by itself except for some rotary dampers. The Ohlins is nice, but like most (except the Hyperpro RSC) it requires frequent adjustment.

My recommendation is to save for a Hyperpro RSC, which is worth every penny. It kicks in when you need it, but doesn't interfere when you don't. At low speeds around town it feels like you took 100 pounds off the bike (or took the steering damper off the bike).

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
HYPERPRO damper + fitting kit

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
you have lots of options,ÖHLINS,HYPERPRO,TOBY,BITUBO,LSL etc.
Toby and BITUBO fits using original bracket!
HYPERPRO damper + fitting kit

HYPERPRO kit + ÖHLINS damper

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm having a hard time finding any fitting kits. I would like to spend around 300 on fitting kit and damper. Can anyone provide some links for my 97 TLS? :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a picture of what I'm working with as far as stock mounting. I would need a kit that would use no more than what I have here.

Damper mounting.jpg

·
Registered
264 Posts
The damper hase been there. The yoke shows some scrathes where the base plate for the damper used to be. It is a model 1997 yoke.
Check my signature link to the photobucket for an Ohlins damper including the Ohlins kit.
There is a picture on the oem kit on the oem yoke with a blue (not oem) damper as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts