TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was recently given my best friends 97 tl1000s.... sadly he passed away two years ago.. this bike was his baby but is also a huge pain the butt.... he has a ton of trick parts on it, pc3 etc... after sitting for 2 years the bike was drained and filled fresh.. the bike will start up run for abouit 10-12 seconds and then its like someonwe shuts it off... you can start it back up maybe 1-2 times but after that, it just cranks over and you have to let it sit for alittlew while before shell start again... as long as you stay on the throttle she will run let off she quits.... any help??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idleing is right about 1400.... how do i switch the mode selector so i can check the tps location on the gauge screen

·
Registered
23 Posts
You will have to check the TPS by accessing the dealer plug that’s in the rear of the bike either under the seat or in the rear seat pod. Plenty of info on the net and on here . Once you have accessed it you use the dash to see what’s what. Have a look and it’ll make more sense :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE!!! the tps read out is in the middle... the bike will run at idle above 1600-1700...... is you back the idle screw out to the norm of 12-1400 i hear a sort of hiss sounding like air escaping from under the tank, itll do this a couple times then stalls out...... ???? ideas....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts