TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this bike it’s definitely seen better days I had it running for a while but intermittently because the wiring harness was all sorts of messed up and spliced together so I went though it and put some better connectors on it but can’t get it started now I was wondering if it could be the ecu and if there is a way to test it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It turns over great I just put new coils on it yesterday still no spark i have the tank off right now but I’ll put it back on to check pof it’s priming as for codes it’s getting 13 21 (<<<<<air box is also of so I’m guessing that’s y these two r lighting up<<<<)24 25 and 41

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I got the bike all out back together now and I’m still getting no spark and now no fuel pump prime I can’t jump the wires and get the fuel pump to work but won’t prime with out the jumper wire

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
The thread Six mentions, is a spectacular resource.

However, you have an S. So the likelihood of the ECU issue is for me, roughly 0%. (I also have a 97s)
The fact you had multiple other faults and admitted the wiring was atrocious. Makes me think, it's wiring related. What codes are you showing after getting it all back together? You haven't mentioned that.

No spark and no fuel pump are separate issues. Again pointing to wiring.

Give us as much information as possible.

Every code generated erases on key off.

Jump the dealer plug.
Crank.
Tell us the current codes.
We will do our best.
Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so I can only get the fuel pump to run if I short the yellow blue wire out I got power on the relay on all wires but the yellow red the codes I get r 24 25 and 41 sorry i been ready so kuch stuff it’s all just confusing the shit out of me I’ll greatly appreciate all the help I can get I’d love to have the bike back on the road before summer ends

·
Super Moderator
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,659 Posts
It turns over great I just put new coils on it yesterday still no spark .... it’s priming as for codes it’s getting codes .....24 25 and 41
Since you just installed new coils, double check the wiring to them. The error codes c24 & c25 indicate a problem in those circuits. Make sure there are 12 volts on the Orange/wht wire going to the coils when you key on.

Also verify that the two-pin connector between the crank sensor and the ECM is securely connected. It has a blue wire and green wire coming from that sensor.

So I got the bike all out back together now and I’m still getting no spark and now no fuel pump prime ..... but won’t prime without the jumper wire
You can leave the jumper wire connecting the Yellow/blue wire to ground for now....for testing purposes. However, it may not be needed in the end.

Ok so I can only get the fuel pump to run if I short the yellow blue wire out. I got power on the relay on all wires but the yellow red. the codes I get r 24 25 and 41......
Again, address the c24 and c25 (ignition coil) error codes first. These codes get generated if the ECM cannot "see" the coils - either because they don't have the +12v connected to them, or the wires from the ECM to the coils are not connected properly. Verify the wire color codes per the diagram, and then verify continuity of each wire with your meter.

Then we can deal with the c41 (fuel pump) code later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I checked continuity for white wire to ecm and black and yellow to ecm and orange and white to ecm from the coil all good I checked voltage at the coil I gotb12.3 on the plug boot. As for codes it 24 and 25 don’t pop up till I turn it over a cuple times but it gets no spark still I’ll test battery volts right now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got both new harnesses (used but seem to be in good condition) but I’m still getting codes 24 and 25 I’m at a complete lost state right now idk what it could be any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
TL1000R 1998 Full Yoshimura RS3
24 Posts
I got both new harnesses (used but seem to be in good condition) but I’m still getting codes 24 and 25 I’m at a complete lost state right now idk what it could be any help would be appreciated
Hello,
Hmmm, measure the crankcase position sensor resistance(green to blue 184-276Ohm / green or blue to negative MOhms), in bike subframe left side(voltage regulator area), 2way connector with one green and blue wire. Last chance, check again(or short one wire) the clutch lever switch, sidestand switch, and TO sensor position(UPPER arrow). When this list ok, I think Your ECM is defect.
Product Schematic Rectangle Font Parallel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts