TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super clean, only 4075 miles! Owned by powersports mechanic. Never crashed or dropped. 300 miles on all fluids, tires (Metzler), brake pads, chain and sprockets. Ohlins shock, race-tech fork springs (fresh fluids and seals), smart TRE, welded clutch center, billet clutch cover, Micron cans with sliders, stainless brake lines, Heli-Bars. You will not find a nicer, lower mileage TL! $4500 located in southern Michigan. 1733.jpeg

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
I call bullshit!
the bike has no factory decals
they are not helibars
looks like crash repaired and repainted

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow.....stickers have been removed, picture was taken a few months ago before I installed bars or exhaust sliders. So.........suck a dick.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Wow.....stickers have been removed ...
Why would you "remove" factory decals from a mint TLS? You're either an idiot, or you're lying about it never being wrecked.

Outside of your story not adding up, it does look nice.

Reactions: Troy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
20190510_091810.jpg 20190510_09192599.jpg

Not sure why the one image is upside down, I've tried to flip it but it makes no difference. If someone is actually interested I can send more pics.....Yes $4500 US is a lot for a TLS, but stickers can be purchased and applied, this bike its damn near mint, unmolested and all of the TL "idiosyncrasies" have been addressed. I think a person would be hard pressed to find another one in this shape, with this low of mileage. Feel free to disagree but I will continue to take issue with any ass hat who looks at one small picture and calls me a liar.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Like I said, looks nice. Definitely worth $4500 (here in the States). I would leave "never been crashed" out of your future ads though, because its definitely had new factory plastic put on (OEM ships without decals). No one with half a brain will believe the decals were deliberately removed (by anyone), so it just raises questions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You sure seem to think you know a lot more about MY bike than I do. I was a mechanic at the Suzuki dealership when and where this bike was purchased (Full Throttle Motorsports, Lansing MI). The guy who bought it (new) was and still is a very good friend of mine. But since you are so much better informed than I am.....

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Not a dick measuring contest here. I said the bike looks nice, and it's well worth the asking price. However, it doesn't take a Master Mechanic to recognize the Factory's signature TL1000S decals are missing. You say the previous owner removed them (apparently for no reason), which makes no logical sense. Surely you must be wondering about it yourself now.

IMG_1562.JPG

NOTE: The reason this is such a big deal to folks is because the TLS frame is prone to cracking at the neck. Ergo, if this bike suffered front end damage (and received new plastic) then the frame could be compromised. Of course, being a Suzuki Mechanic I'm sure you already knew that 🙂

Reactions: Troy

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
Wow.....stickers have been removed, picture was taken a few months ago before I installed bars or exhaust sliders. So.........suck a dick.
So why post up an old image of the bike that clearly doesn't match the description you posted with it?

If experience of sellers on the internet tells us anything, it is that if someone posts conflicting information about a bike for sale it indicates either a lack of knowledge by the seller, deliberate misleading or at worst an attempt at a con.

We know nothing about you as an owner or a person, and so far your contribution to this forum has been 7 posts. Why should we trust your word when so far you have given no reason to?

I suggest you get a camera out and photograph the bike as it stands now, showing the modifications etc and you are much more likely to get a sale rather than creating drama with experienced and well respected TL guys who have seen more than enough over the years for your first post to smell distinctly iffy.

There should be little difficulty to prove what you are saying, as a 22 year old bike with only 4075 miles on the clock and just 2 owners should have a complete and comprehensive service history. If it were a UK machine it would be the matter of 5 minutes work to be able to produce the MOT certificates with proof of mileage, and a HPI check that would show the insurance history.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll add: you can't simultaneously brag that a bike is "damn near mint, unmolested" while listing a bunch of mods and posting a single pic of it with stickers, blinkers, fender, and mirrors missing. It is definitely molested, and even if you consider all the replacement parts to be "upgrades" your prospective buyers may disagree.
The more contradictory info you post the less people will believe you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 97 tls only has around 3,300 miles..original owner..only mods are yoshi carbon cans and helium bars...all dummy stickers still on bike...anyone have a lower mileage 97 or any tl for that matter??

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Helium bars would be a good weight saver.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
You really should have put it together first. Added some OEM stickers yourself and your have much more chance to sell it. As it is it looks like a very fishy deal. Shame really as it does look like a nice clean bike. Anyway why no indicators. Almost looks to me like it might have been fitted with a race fairing and just used for track days, hense the low mileage.

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
Almost looks to me like it might have been fitted with a race fairing and just used for track days, hense the low mileage.
Good thought Gazza, that option had never occurred to me :banghead

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought an R1 from Full Throttle in 2001. A year to the day it suffered catastrophic engine failure. The head mechanic told me I never changed the oil. Not only did I change it 3 times the "fresh" Redline Oil was 3 weeks old. Yamaha did want engine for a look and replaced. I have 1 of the first TLS 1000 motorcycles shipped to US in march of 97. It has 1300 miles.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
1300 miles in over 20 years? Can a bike feel a sense of boredom?

.... and have you changed the oil? :laugh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts