TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another project bike that I have acquired. Should be fun as hell to ride when i am done with it. just in case you don't know....3 cylinder 2 stroke. yeah!

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Known as "The Water Buffalo" or "Kettle" over here ..... never quite had the notoriety of the H2, but a lovely sounding bike with a set of 'spannies on it :)

(oh, and as with most 2 strokes, lucky if it gets from one fuel station to the next if you're gassing it :coocoo :laugh :laugh )

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
My dad used to ride one. He loved it, also called it a water bufflow. I don't think you'll find it all that fast compared to a modern bike, but it will be fun anyway I'm sure. For a 750 2-t they are in a very mild state of tune IIRC. Should still pull the front end up without any trouble though:devious

have fun and congrats on the sweet project:clap

P

·
0 Posts
One of them in mint condition is worth quite a lot. Though, prolly not as much as it will cost to restore it... :laugh

Old 2-strokers have a tendency to need a total ground up rebuild of the engine... (ie, expensive and time consuming). But, I guess it's only thsoe "restore to better than new" that do those super restorations :)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I plan to tear it down completely and as I am rebuilding....tweak it up a few notches in the process....it shall be entertaining.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
:thumbup....... And a TX750 :thumbup

The GT750 being watercooled and of very robust engine construction could do big mileages no problem.If anyone gets a chance to compare a GT crankshaft to a Kawasaki H2 item they will soon see what robust means :laugh
More of a Tourer but the engine was race tuned for the TR750.

http://www.ozebook.com/compendium/tr750/tr750.htm

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=Suzuki+TR750&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

A great old bike,here are a couple of links for some light reading.

H2okettle does 1000's of miles on his GT,a search though his posts should make for some great reading.

http://kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/phpBB2/search.php?search_author=H2okettle

Highly modded 73 GT of Suzuki Dave

http://draken.gotdns.com/gtxr/

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 74 blue and silver Gt 750 with 3600. original miles Stock except for a set of rare japanese star mag wheels and metzlers . I also have the original spoke wheels and tires too. On a scale of 1 to 10 its a solid 9. 4500.00 Thanks Doug /Cycle-Works # 636-978-9757 cst

·
Registered
926 Posts
This is my old mans 73 GT750. It's a lot of fun to ride. I ride it WAY more than he does! It's a good mellow change from the tiller. I have recently removed the windshield. Looks a lot better.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Mellow? Shouldn't it have a powerband like a arse-raper gorilla? My NS400R V-3 snaps the head back nicely .. for 750cc I'd expect my arms ripped out of my sockets or I'd want my money back :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
guys there known as waterbottles down here in aussie and are very very collectable parts are a bit hard to find but a good investment bike for the future i must say ...is nice to see them still out there running well done guys :)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh I plan on making it a spanker. Thinking about putting a gsxr front end on it for excellent braking and suspension (and tubeless tire). LOL. This one will be a mutant bike part original, part cafe racer, part street fighter... and I will make the 73 TX750 straight cafe racer.

Maynard: yours looks MUCH cleaner than mine...LOL

·
Registered
457 Posts
Oh I plan on making it a spanker. Thinking about putting a gsxr front end on it for excellent braking and suspension (and tubeless tire). LOL. This one will be a mutant bike part original, part cafe racer, part street fighter... and I will make the 73 TX750 straight cafe racer.
Just as well they used to have a sticker on the forks tell you that the brakes don't workin the wet:laugh
There not to good in the dry either I got rear ended by one trying to race me on my old RD350LC:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts