TLZone Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, how many of you have hit the rev-limiter in top gear? :O I finally did it yesterday. Wasn't shaky or anything when I slowed down. I could not believe how much gunj the chain threw off!!! It took 2 hours to get the bike back to a presentable shape. But only because I had to put the stock windshield back on. The smoke shield I had on cracked right before it hit the limiter. I know the needle is way wrong, but it pegged WAY before it hit the limiter. I figure it was topped out in the low 160's? It hit 168 on the dyno, but that isn't 100% true is it?:dowhat

The other thing I found strange was I had my Ipod cranked all the way up and couldn't hear a bit of it over all the wind noise coming through my helmet!:confused

And for the safety nazi's. it was on a closed road (just finished paving) with NO traffic. :coocoo I know that doesn't make it any better, so flame away.:rant

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
I did. But it had a 53-tooth rear sprocket.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I havent :( but good action Foght :thumbup

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
speedo was pegged @185 but I know for a fact is was not going that fast. I'd say 20% less. That is why i said 160 ish.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
i did several times at a fast track riders day at cal speedway. im geared 17 42 so that only 150 or less. i think duke did one day on his bike in CO on a big downhill...

:)

·
Registered
157 Posts
i've hit it at mid-ohio in 6th just before braking on the back stretch.

but i've got a 41 toof rear, i dunno what mph that is......i would guess 160ish....:O

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
N2wheelies said:
i did several times at a fast track riders day at cal speedway. im geared 17 42 so that only 150 or less. i think duke did one day on his bike in CO on a big downhill...

:)
Yep, I'm on 17/43 and my dyno charts hit the limiter at 150mph

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
eh, it gets boring. I did it a couple weeks ago on a great road far south of the bay area called the Airplane Highway (because it's got a couple stretches you could land a plane on, before getting very nice). Was the first time I've tried it with the new wheels and 520 setup. Was going for another gear before I realized I was already in 6th, couldn't believe how much quicker it topped out. I'm +3 on the rear but I've had that gearing before with the stock stuff, no way near as quickly to get there. I think the speedo said 180+, but whatever. If I had had my Sigma on I would have knows the true speed but I don't much care I guess.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
No i never topped it out til it hit rev limiter..Been close backed off the wind noise was killing my ears..Plus im a big guy couldnt tuck far enough to stop getting the shit beat out ouf my head by the wind..the shaking made my vision start to go blurry..

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I've come close...11K in 6th with 17/41 on the banked straight at TWS before backing off to break for the drop off the banking into the fast left hander.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts