TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to sell these gold six pots as I'm changing the front end to radial.

These aren't crap like the standard black 6 pots, they have four 26.9mm large pistons and two 23.9mm small alloy pistons with a non stick coating. They aren't prone to seizing up like the originals.

Serviced and reassembeled, they were stripped, cleaned, inspected and reassembled with red rubber grease on the seals, pistons lubed with new brake fluid, fluid passages cleared through, reassembled with copper grease on the caliper half pinch bolts.

They are sold with NO pads.

The gold outer isn't perfect, and you may want to repaint them.... but they should be good for a few years as they are.

Price is £85 + shipping + add 2.9% for Paypal.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a new one on me.... :confused

What makes you say that?

Its only on the half caliper pinch bolt threads. So I doubt the caliper will degrade and fall apart.

·
Registered
234 Posts
copper salts eat aluminium. has to do with galvanic corrosion. should only ever use nickel anti sieze on alloy fittings. I work within the aviation industry. Copper anywhere near alloy a very big no no.

Tom

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
copper salts eat aluminium. has to do with galvanic corrosion. should only ever use nickel anti sieze on alloy fittings. I work within the aviation industry. Copper anywhere near alloy a very big no no.

Tom
Ive seen this in another thread somewhere, i think Sam mentioned it. :)

·
Registered
11,556 Posts

Tom

Er................ so did I for 26yrs, graphite grease on jet engines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts