TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across an interesting item for custom header builders. Its available as steel or stainless steel, doughnut that is a very tight radius, the one picture is 2.25" dia tubing and is only 6.75" across that is a 2.25" radius centerline bend. They come in I think all sizes from 1.5" up to 3" in 1/8" incriments. For metric people 2.25" is basicly 57mm. Got it at a hotrod shop and I believe they are manufactured in Australia.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/flash5/headerdoughnut.jpg

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Becareful they did not measure the OD and not the ID like most tube manufactures. I have two of the same doughuts at home that do not match any of my tubing. Good for mocking things up, as they have a nice slip fit when not welded, but it sucks ass that I spent $80 on them and I cannot use them.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just cut it up and used it yesterday no problem 2.25" od is 2.25 and all tube is measured as OD. They are designed to be cut and butt welded just like any other bend for tubing they do not overlap as some muffler stuff does.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just experimenting on the race bike, cost is high, parts are expensive and they are very time consuming to build so I dont plan on building them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts