TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Has any one out there used the 54 mm Throttle Bodies from the SV1000 on a TLS or TLR. If so how did it work out? Is there any more performance from them?
Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
i could be wrong but as far as i know the SV has a totoally different wiring harness as well as indutction setup so i think it would be prohibitively hard to swap those over. and i know there are a few other threads of people that were trying to convert over a set of honda RC51 SP2 TBs and they said it didn't make anymore power. oh and i think somebody else has also just bored out the tlr or tls's stock TB housing and fitted a bigger butterfly too. try a search you should be able to find out more.

honestly i don't think you will make any worthwhile gains from this mod unless you were running a big bore kit, stroker crank, cams, and ported heads. i think the size of our stock TBs are good flow wise up to something like 150HP which is pretty hard to coax out of our engines. about the most you would end up doing is making the throttle response a lot more abrupt and harder to ride smoothly. just my .02

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
The only + in can see in SV tb's is that you might be able to run a Rapidbike module. If you really wan't to do the full monty you could try getting a hold of those :drool bimota tb's!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts