TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy. as the title says, I have loud mostly single bachfires at 4,500 on decel. This only started after the bike was serviced. bike didn't idle great either. the shop( good rep.) said that I needed to remap since it is now lean. so I just got a pc2( thanks killer) but the cd won't download on my puter. I install anyway, pc2 has the 001 marker for a map on it(full ex system). I adjusted the low manually and has had no effect. Just curious if anyone else has had the same problem or maybe I should start adjusting the midrange. btw, bolt ons yosh, k & n, tre. thanks

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
You can download the software from the dynojet website if the CD you have is bad. Then you can be sure of which map is in the PCII and try a different one if you like.

Backfires are often caused by exhaust leaks or even a pair valve as well....I'd map the bike so that it runs well without regard to backfires.

good luck

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Check for exhaust leaks, especially at the rear cylinder where the spigot meets the header downpipe. That's usually the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Mine did the same with my bolt ons. I thew on a full system and junked the PAIR valve, no more backfire. I did have a leak on the rear header and the 2 bolt flange on the header AND on the 4 bolt flange on the bolt ons!:laugh
SO one of those probly had something to do with all the noise!:laugh
Keep trying different maps.

·
Registered
671 Posts
mine was what 1crock said. simple fix, just make sure you get a new bolt to replace the old one. seem to be one time use due to the machine taper built into the nut.

·
Registered
412 Posts
In less time than it takes to play with the remap, check this......Remove (I believe it is) the right rear exhaust can. There is only a bolt by the passenger peg and one right under the center of the bike. When it comes off, there is an cylindrical shaped asbestos gasket. It is probably crushed (do you do wheelies.....?). Go to the dealer and get another for like ten bucks. Problem solved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks guys. I just assumed it had to do with the map since it never did it before the tune up. I guess the extra lean condition exposed a leak...is there a how to for the pair mod?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yea man ! I just did the 520 conversion and went up to 42t in the rear. Last night I went for a ride and got the front end to come up shifting into 3rd. It was pretty sweet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.