TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, i have a GMH 308 black motor which has been sitting under cover for about 18 months. I am going to throw it in a project i am doing. Motor was running sweet when parked 18 months ago :)
I didnt even drop the oil back then :coocoo

So, besides an oil change :uhoh would you guys recommend doing anything else before i swap it over :O

I was kinda thinking it may need a flush out with something :O before new oil

Any suggestions

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Put some new oil, and an oil filter in it. Take the plugs out and turn it over until oil pressure comes up before putting the plugs back in and trying to fire it up. That's about all I'd do.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh thats what i was thinking - thanks Steve :thumbup

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Perhaps a squirt of oil in each plug hole before turning over.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
id go to a subaru dealerand get a can of their engine cleaner. it is a carbon remover as the underside of the valves on boxer motors carbon up pretty bad. spray the whole can down the carbi then start her up. that shit will clean the **** out of the thing.

·
Registered
534 Posts
you can get a spare distributor, remove cam gear and spin the oil pump with a power drill attached to the disty.

nice way to lube before moving parts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
you can get a spare distributor, remove cam gear and spin the oil pump with a power drill attached to the disty.

nice way to lube before moving parts

I don't think you can do that with the 308. It's been a long time since I've had the distributor out of one, but I'm sure the oil pump drive is separate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts