·
Registered
967 Posts
wow... is it out?!

·
Registered
967 Posts
TLRChad said:
I'm blocked here at work....anybody wanna give me a hint?

I didnt have the sound (at work) but it seems like ancient battle story... "Lord of the Rings" on steroids... (remember the battles in LOTR?)

Later

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's based on the story of Thermopylae, where 300 Spartan Soldiers defended Sparta against "Thousands" of Persian Warriors. It takes place around 440 or 480 BC. The battle made Greece defend Democracy and kick the shit out of the Persians, even though none of the Spartan warriors survived. Best line from the old movie made about it(circa 1950) "Our arrows will block out the sun! Spartan warrior: Then we will fight in the shade!":hail

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW the movie should be out in March of next year.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you saw the Tom Cruise movie "The Last Samurai," Cruise's character tells the story of the Greek defenders to the samurai, just before their last battle.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Have you got the comic by Frank Miller? It pretty good ... if they do as good a job on the movie as Rob Rodriguez did on Sin City it should be pretty good :yes

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
300 against thousands? Didn't that movie come out just a year or so ago?

Oh wait, that was The Alamo! :lol

This movie looks pretty good.

·
Registered
358 Posts
gixxerjasen said:
300 against thousands? Didn't that movie come out just a year or so ago?

Oh wait, that was The Alamo! :lol

This movie looks pretty good.
No one can agree on the number of Persians, it ranges from 60,000 to 4 Million .. But even if the smaller number of 60,000 is correct....WOW...

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
damn, that movie looks TUFF

1 - 13 of 13 Posts