TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Renault Laguna 2.0 ltr RT for a very, very nice price. Previous owner said the thought the CV joints were shot as the car was getting really bad to drive. I Priced the joints to be repaired at my local garage and it was still less than the market value, so I bought the car. On the drive home the car felt really nasty and a few streets from home I got a bad rattle from the front.

I took off the alloy wheel centres to find a wheel bolt sitting loose in it. On inspection I found ALL the wheel bolts covered in COPPER SLIP !! :coocoo Every wheel was loose on the car !! ... Cleaned them all up, stuck the wheels back on and the car drives mint. ... Should I ring the guy and tell him he's just lost out because he's a dope :O

:hail Idiot cagers

:hail TLR's

·
Moderator,
8,244 Posts
:laugh I knew a guy that bought a 2 or 3 year old Pontiac for about 1/4 of what it was worth because it ran so poorly. On the test drive he went around the corner out of sight and removed the plugged air cleaner, the car ran like a top. He put the air cleaner back in befroe he returned from the test drive and bought the car. :lol

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
MotoTiller said:
Nah, then you might ruin it for the next guy he sells a car too.:laugh
:stupid :laugh

Got my mate a car years ago for cheap from some dim-brained blonde. She was selling the car very cheap because the steering wheel was no put on straight (top pointing more like east from north), and she thought that meant it needed a wheel alignment really bad. :coocoo

:laugh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts