·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The SM 610 IE now has an electronic injection system that was developed in collaboration with Mikuni. The exhaust system on the four-stroke single cylinder engine has a “closed loop” lambda probe. The catalyser has been redesigned and optimised to meet Euro 3 requirements. The catalyser section on the silencer and the area around the passenger footrests have been covered with stainless steel protection. The engine now features a 42 mm throttle body with the starter command on the handlebars and there is now a 300 Kpa Mitsubishi “twin jet” fuel injector fitted to the throttle. The pressure regulator (3 Bar) regulates any return of excess fuel to the tank and the MAQS (Modularised Air Quantity Sensor) consists of air temperature, mapping and TPS sensors (Throttle Position Sensor). The Kokusan 360W three-phase ignition flywheel is also new. The water temperature sensor is positioned on the head. The injection ECU processes signals and governs the operation of the solenoid-operated valve fitted to the right hand side of the radiator. New components include the rugged polyethylene petrol tank with a 40l/h pump; the non-return fuel circuit has quick-fit connections. The rear mudguard has a new separate number plate carrier with an independent illumination light. The saddle has been redesigned and has new padding to improve both rider and passenger comfort. The chassis can be fitted with a main stand that is available as an optional extra.
cool

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Woo Hoo, waiting for KTM to do it.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehe, husqvarna hasn't gone EFI on their race bike yet, just the 610 which would be more like the LC4 KTM's...

Word on the MX forums is that the yamaha and honda MX thumpers will be FI by '08. I suspect KTM and husqvarna will follow suite with their race bikes.

have fun:banana

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
And here I'd just finally talked myself into a Strom...now I'm back to undecided...for now.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol Strom or SM610, not much difference between the two really:rolleyes

I really dig the SM610, but it wouldn't be particularly comfy for long interstate rides, everwhere else it would kick the stroms butt imho:D

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, it is a super cool looking fighter and probably a lot more comfortable than a super moto bike:drool

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
:lol Strom or SM610, not much difference between the two really:rolleyes
Yea, I know...just depends on what exactly I want in a bike. The balls out hooliganesque fun of an SM, or the go anywhere all day long for a week at a time of the Strom.

Sigh...there's plenty of room in the garage, just not in the bank account for both to be added. :banghead

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That 650 Burn posted sorta splits the difference I suppose:O Have you seen the new BMW 650 or the priller pegaso strada?

Even something like a buell city-x or standard SV650 might be a good compremise:O

I haven't ridden a buell but I dig their egro's/looks. I'm sure the motors sorta suck but I can't stop looking at the Uly:drool

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
From what I experienced on my buddy's 510 SMR, Husky makes a very high quality bike. The componentry all looks purposeful and well done.

Man, that 510 had strong dial a wheelie power and a stupid strong dial a stoppie front brake. It was such stupid fun to ride :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:yes
Even my very well used, 12 year old husqvarna is a testiment to husqvarna's build quality. Its held up very well and been totally reliable. I think I got 5 2nd place harescramble finishes on it too:D Brembo brakes standard and really excelent fit/finish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts