TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"2007 Honda VTR1200F Firestorm "

"If there is one bike that has been neglected for years in Hondas line up it is the VTR1000F Firestorm. Honda has been reluctant to develop its V-twin engine in the past but now they have to due to Euro 3. We know that a new XL1000V (or 1200…) Varadero is coming this autumn with a more powerful version of the VTR1000F engine. Perhaps with so many changes that it in effect is a new engine. At the same it is expected that the Firestorm will get its first major update and fresh design since 1996! Firestorm was launched as the first Japanese sports twin to rival the now iconic Ducati 916. We do not know whether Honda has opted for a large bore engine yet, but strategically it would have made sense if the new Firestorm became a 1200 to make it stand more out in a range that might contain two in-line four half faired 1000s next year (CBF1000 and CB1000F Hornet). Our artists impression shows a very sporty Firestorm with parts taken from the firms CBR1000RR Fireblade. With a new grunty 1200cc V-twin the bike needs a new chassis that will have been developed only for this bike. TS/CG: Xavier Gordillo & Luc1 "

http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/images/Honda/2007_Honda_VTR_Fr2.jpg

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Woohoo! a new Jappo V-twin that's not a f**king cruiser or naked! :) Pity it's a Honda but look at that swingarm, rear end, radial brakes etc. I gotta say Honda makes a good looking bike. The CBR1000RR makes the GSX-R look like some sort of farm equipment.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I don't think your right on the farm equipment part, and Yamaha makes the best looking sport bike IMHO. I'll be interested to see more hard concrete info on this project though.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
R6 any day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Jas - have a look at a Busa next to a CBR ;)
1. You said the GSX-R first, not the busa.
2. Not fair...how old is the design on the busa?
3. I think aside from the engineers at Suzuki, I am the only person on the planet who's always loved the design of the Busa.

I'm not saying the Honda's are ugly, but that was a tad over the top with the farm equipment stuff. :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The foot peg looks weird in that pic.
Hondas make nice bikes but Suzukis make em nicer IMO :) and Ducati make sexy looking bikes, which may not always go fast or go long...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
'cause it's not a pic, it's a photoshop "artist's impression" and doesn't mean anything.
Was actually nitpicking at the photoshopping.
Wonder if Honda are going to keep the firestorm though because it hasn't had even a facelift in years. To me it looks like they could be retiring that model soon and replacing it with something that'll cover both the VFR and VTR markets.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I don't think we need 1200cc on street

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
The Busa is a sexy beast, I want one too you know :) I'm even thinking I want to paint my TL in the 'S' pattern like a Busa ... I'm talking about the Massey-Ferguson looking brakes, swing arm, torque arm etc etc. The CBR just looks so finished & slick compared. And the Busa is a GSX1300R is it not? Even so, the GSX-R1000 etc looks pretty budget bin special next to the polish of the CBR ... and that VTR. But that's usually the way with Hondas - beauty, great fitting panels but I feel like I need something else ;)

The crazy 'S' pattern

Now compare that with the Honda's finish & style on parts

And the GSX-R ... ok they're getting better but still ... the Busa is letting the team down fer sure ;)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I completely agree. Honda does everything well and though that's not a bad thing, it can be boring.
My last Honda (600F4i) was a great bike. It taught me how to ride again after I nearly wrote off my last gixxer. The problem was it was boring.
On the gixxer (or the TLR) you give it a bit of stick and, well, you're either grinning like an idiot or thinking of changing your pants cos of the way the front wheel came up.
On the Honda there was a pause. It was the same on the CBR250R I had. *Shrugs*

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Honda needs a good replacement for the Firestorm, VFR and RC51(Jeez, talk about portfolio neglect!)....Some of us thought it would happen 2 years ago, some last year, and others this year.

They have so many options and a desperate need to update their bike lineup. I've been so disappointed for the last few years that I'm expecting a jaw-dropper, or I'll be losing faith in our friends at Honda. Not everyone wants a CBR1000RR.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
When the CBR1000 came out, I asked the bike shop manager what he thought of it & he said the Japanese equivilant of "Meh ... it's fast and all but it's too smooth" ... he had a 1990 GSX-R1100 at the time ;)

Problem is, noone wants V-twin sportsbikes over here. People buy a Busa, CBR1100XX, ZZR1400 etc etc cos they has the biggest numbers on paper. Or a ZXR1600 cos it's a naked bike & they can go touring at 50kph on it. And then there's the big scooters ... dont even start me on those :rant

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
I really wish they would come out with a 1000 cc or even 1200 VFR. I am not sold on the 800 power, but really like the bike.....Single side swingarm etc.

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
I think the r1 looks ok until you really look at it, plastic shit everywhere. Plastic gas tank, plastic covers all over, but I guess I'm the only that feels like that.

Honda will never make something as cool as that pic, they are to effin boring.
there's nothing plastic about the R1. gas tank, clutch cover, stater cover...all made out of aluminium. :coocoo

-:banana

1 - 20 of 27 Posts