TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 2007 Hayabusa gold forks w/ the Traxxion Dynamics "Works" package (fork seals, fluid, Omni springs, Omni spring buffers, Traxxion Gold Valves w/rider specific shim stack, tube polishing, bushings, ultrasonic cleaning). Zero miles on the rebuild, forks are in great shape: straight w/ only some very minor nicks here and there. Lowers have not been modified for TL fender. These forks came from Speedking, not exactly sure on original mileage (he normally gets them fairly low mileage...<2k).

Forks were built for rider of 165lbs, street w/ some track days. I'd have to contact Traxxion to get the details of the build and the weight range (I'd assume at least +/- 25lbs).

Only reason I'm selling them is that I'm just going to wait to put a set of GSXR forks on (just pending some other parts required for the GSXR swap). I'm dying to try Traxxion's work, but I want to leave these Hayabusa forks at 0 miles so someone can get them fresh as can be.

Rebuild cost $600. Forks were a bit over $400. Selling for $875 + ship & PP fees, or pickup locally.

·
Registered
562 Posts
awesome upgrade, im using it and love it! this upgrade have maked me MUCH more than rear ohlins shock. Worth every penny. Free bump :cool

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious but why are you doing the GXSR swap instead?, for the brakes?
Yup! Not for function at all. I really like the updated radial front-end...and the garage time, busted knuckles, empty wallet and satisfaction which results from a more custom job. :coocoo :laugh

I've said it before that the TL forks can definitely work well...its all in the rebuild & components. So regardless of TL, Busa or GSXR forks, the cost of the rebuild is going to be basically constant between all of them. Any of you riding on 5-10y/o forks which have never even had an oil change...look to spend $200-600+ to get them freshened (obviously the higher end of the scale is for the better performing fork: aftermarket cartridge, correct spring, shim stack). Round trip airfare too, if Traxxion (or similar) is not local.

At the end of the day you're just spending a little extra to have a newer fork which looks better. :) Sell your old ones and the net difference is a couple hundred to go the Worx Busa route vs. Worx TL route. If you need a rebuild anyways, this is a great way to do it w/ little/no downtime.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pic is hosted by TLZ Gallery...i guess its having some probs w/ embedding. Here's the link to the gallery itself: My Gallery

But yeah, this takes standard Hayabusa/TLR calipers.

·
Registered
234 Posts
busa forks

Can I call dibs pending an agreement to send em to OZ"????

pm sent

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
Can I call dibs pending an agreement to send em to OZ"????

pm sent

Tom
Keena....I've shipped quite a few sets of forks to OZ with USPS as it's the most affordable and I've never had any issues. If you declare them under $400 AUD in value, the Aussies on the other end don't have to pay VAT fees.

:yes

--Sk

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
These forks came from Speedking, not exactly sure on original mileage (he normally gets them fairly low mileage...<2k).
Those forks had 1250 miles on them before the Traxxion work. Very nice set.

I can offer revalve & respring services via Traxxion for dealer cost if anyone would like to buy this setup and needs them resprung for a lighter/heavier rider.

PM for more info...

--Sk

·
Super Moderator,
2,653 Posts
Keena....I've shipped quite a few sets of forks to OZ with USPS as it's the most affordable and I've never had any issues. If you declare them under $400 AUD in value, the Aussies on the other end don't have to pay VAT fees.

:yes

--Sk
To Australia it is a $1000 limit (AUD) before you get taxed import duty and GST. Clicky.

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
Ahhh...thanks for correcting me. Maybe I was thinking $400 USD....so with the conversion rate to AUD it was under $1000 AUD.

:confused

--Sk
$1000 OZ is ~ $840 USD

$400 USD is ~ $475 OZ

Back to the calculator SK :laugh

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
How much to UK WD6 3SA???

I so want them but I'm scared of the girlfriend noticing the colour change on the TLS lol
Will she notice???????

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
How much to UK WD6 3SA???

I so want them but I'm scared of the girlfriend noticing the colour change on the TLS lol
Will she notice???????
Buy her a new pair of shoes......she'll never notice you bought new forks.

:laugh

Is she the boss of you?

:O

LOL!

:laugh

--Sk

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Dunno, I'm hoping he doesn't want them anymore :devious

As they are well nice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts