TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Troy Bayliss :hail

Rossi, you dill :rant

Hayden, the 2006 world championship winner. Congratulations, although I'll never call him a champion or the 2006 champion, he was the 2006 championship winner. When you're the best 2 days out of 17, (the same as your rookie team mate) you're not a champion :laugh

Last race of WSB had the 2006, 2005 & 2004 championship winners on the podium.

Last race of the MotoGP had the 2006 WSB and 2006 MotoGP championship winners on it. Excellent :yes

I think chopdiesel summed it up best:

chopiesel said:
if nicky wins it, it will be americas answer to steven bradbury.
We have Bradbury, they have Hayden, how similiar was that :banghead

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Wrong Steve. He IS the 2006 Moto GP champion. He scored more points than anyone else. Andrew Pitt did it a few years ago in supersports, didnt win a race all year but scored more points that anyone else, so he is a champion.

Go Nicky - Go Troy - go Danni

All up a great result.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
That's why we watch MotoGP. You never know what comes next.

I have to congratulate Nicky Hayden even when I'm a big Rossi fan. He was more consistent during the season and deserves the title.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hayden rode consistently better all year than anyone, got drilled by his teammate and then Rossi binned it and gave it to him. He's the Champ. He would have scored points last race and still been in the lead coming into this race if not for Pedrosa, Rossi got beaten at the line last race and threw it down the road all by his self this race. Hayden worked his a$$ off and deserves it!

And hats off to Troy for being out of the big show 2 years and coming back and showing Sete, and everyone else, how to get it done!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
bayliss:hail
as for the rest :no that was one of the worst races iv seen all year :no
well done nicky though (dont think he deserved it though)
:eatcorn

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I don't understand something. Bayliss hasn't been seen in the MotoGP circuit all season and now he shows up in Valencia? How is it possible to make the jump from World Superbike to MotoGP just one race before the end of the season? :dunno

I also noticed that in Estoril Gary McCoy shows up on the grid. Was he always there but just on the injured list? :dunno

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :rant

I'm Italian BTW.

G

·
no good race :banghead it would have been so much better if rossi didn't crash :banghead

anyone heard anything from valentino? has he given a reason for the drop? Seemed an odd lowside to me, it was right after the apex... :O

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I've never been a big fan of Honda in MotoGP...evil empire and all. They basically flooded this year's grid with bikes, thus keeping their chances of a championship high. Still, I take nothing from Nicky on this one...he kept his head together and showed he's got what it takes to win a championship. Yamaha on the other hand delivered a pile of shite earlier in the season in hopes Rossi could ride around all their "issues". Not even Rossi could make the bike work well this year.:banghead

Ya gotta love Bayliss, though:hail What a champ! What a year! He must be on cloud 9 around now!:)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Last time I checked, he who has more points at the end of the season is the champion, so that would be HAYDEN steve, it isin't haydens fault the itialian guy choked.

·
Registered
911 Posts
...If anything it's kept things interesting. We don't need another sport like F1. I like Rossi but I don't want to see one guy dominate year after year, I want to see them ride like it's the last race ever just to get a couple points to stay alive in the championship. It makes for epic races. Next year everyone gets a new bike... should be another good year for the sport.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Tom$lick said:
...If anything it's kept things interesting. We don't need another sport like F1. I like Rossi but I don't want to see one guy dominate year after year, I want to see them ride like it's the last race ever just to get a couple points to stay alive in the championship. It makes for epic races. Next year everyone gets a new bike... should be another good year for the sport.
nah... not like F1.. Rossi changed that when he went to Yamaha... That would be like Schumacker goin to Honda and still winning :)

:thumbup to Rossi for gettin back on his bike and in the race... (at least i can still hope that seattle beats kc... right now... err... maybe not..)

·
Registered
414 Posts
what I really woulda like to have seen was nicky go all out without having to worry about points/championship and see where bayliss & co. finished? I would like to think nicky woulda taken 1st.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
aussie troy proved last night he is by far the most in form rider we have seen this year!!! and that is out of wsb and motogp riders.

imagine the carnage he would have caused if he was there all year. when your hot your hot. way to make sete look like shit.

but congrats to hayden, although he hasnt been the most impressive rider of the year. he has the points on the board, so in that respect he does deserve it.

my fav moment of the race was when stoner was looking to get up witht he leaders and the commentator said "no disrespect to casey but hayden would not want stoner anywhere near him at the moment."

which i tend to agree with.

i think haydens championship ius going to be super tough to defend, mainly due to the un known that will be the 800's next year. id say one of the new boys or rossi will win next year, either stoner, pedrosa (heaven forbid) melandri or rossi will take it.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
All is right with the world today, congrats to Nick!!!!!

An Bayliss..... what can I say? The guy proved he's still one of the best out there. Absolutely awesome ride.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
madkaw said:
I don't understand something. Bayliss hasn't been seen in the MotoGP circuit all season and now he shows up in Valencia? How is it possible to make the jump from World Superbike to MotoGP just one race before the end of the season? :dunno

I also noticed that in Estoril Gary McCoy shows up on the grid. Was he always there but just on the injured list? :dunno
Bayliss's ride was a Ducati "thank-you" for winning WSB - he was riding in place of the injured Gibernau

McCoy was riding the Ilmor - not sure where they came from but they are running / testing an 800cc bike or next year. Ilmor make F1 engines ......

Andtwins said:
what I really woulda like to have seen was nicky go all out without having to worry about points/championship and see where bayliss & co. finished? I would like to think nicky woulda taken 1st.
You might like to think that ...... but I suspect he would still have finished third (.....well, Ok, if he was lucky maybe 2nd). He was just holding onto capirossi in the early stages, but despite trying was not making progress so settled for third ... just like he has all season, don't push, don't try, settle for points ...... A true Champion.

No, that's being mean ..... he had the most points at the end of the year and thus gets the trophy, and that is what it is all about. He desrves his moment, and his name on the cup. Being there at the end is after all what counts .....

BUT there are Champions, and there are CHAMPIONS ...... Scwantz was a CHAMPION .... Mamola was a CHAMPION (witrhout ever actually winning it :confused ), Rossi is a CHAMPION, dunno about about Hayden yet - next year will see ?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
:clap :clap :clap Bayliss:hail :hail what a ****ing champion, just goes to show how good he really is, to get off a super and straight onto GP and dominate from start to finish. i dont care what anyone says Hayden didnt have a chance to get past him. Nice comments in the after race press to sorta sticking it to Ducati for dumping him when it was clearly a shit bike, back in those early days.
Congrats to Nicky for the championship, i still dont think he's champion material but in the end the points count.
And Rossi, when has he ever binned it like that before? Obviously the pressure and the position he was in was just to much.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts