TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I may also be interested in finding a fender eliminator. I like the bike stock but that rear fender is a little to much for my liking. It has grown on me so I might just keep it the way it is. It just looks cluttered.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I may also be interested in finding a fender eliminator. I like the bike stock but that rear fender is a little to much for my liking. It has grown on me so I might just keep it the way it is. It just looks cluttered.
You're looking for a kit, or just how to cut the stock fender it something more subtle? DM if you want pictures of my setup, which involves cutting into the wheel well/trunk.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine was like this when i bought it but the trunk was chopped and what looks like an eliminator for a gsxr 1000 was put in. Whoever did mine must have been about as high as a camel booty hole that day because it looks like they had a beaver chew it off the that same beaver took to it with a rivet gun and some flashing. Luckily you cant see it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
As far as I know it's the stock taillight, just make a few cuts and mounted it using sheet steel
Lol. Thats why i call myself TLRNEWB yeah mine was already pre butchered and i guess i never paid much attention to the stock setup. Quite the observant one aint i.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Btw out of topic, my oil pump driven gear broke, im waitong on the new one, is there any specific way to put it on? Following the clutch basket etc etc?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Btw out of topic, my oil pump driven gear broke, im waitong on the new one, is there any specific way to put it on? Following the clutch basket etc etc?
This is the wrong thread for oil pump questions, but in regards to the pump I'd tell you to consult the workshop manual.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here's how it looks all put together, as you all see it's noticeable from bellow given my lackluster wiring of the turn signals and using red plastic for sealing up the trunk.
(I was in a bit of a hurry, repairing the previous owners work)
If you were to use black plastic, and routed the turn signal wires straight up and trough the trunk it'd look a lot better, BUT it's not really noticeable at all when looking at the bike from normal head height, or when trailing the bike. Replacing the plastic with a more suiting color and cleaning up the wiring will have to wait until the end of the season.

117388587_1048188002263630_8257272599161399450_n.jpg 117333508_1462970827236258_1975714010881377460_n.jpg 117334621_321823182561662_6301701105574365332_n.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts