TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going everyone so i have a 01 tlr ive been building ip for a min now but im at the finial bits and having a few issues i did the air box mod the full mod basically removed and capped all vac lines not needed so as of now i currently have only two vac ports in use off my throttle bodies. Im pretty sure i need to get my ecu remapped now to get my idle under control the idle is high and choppy then when given throttle it tries to die unless a feather the hell outta the fuel and get the rpms to actually raise up above 3 or 4 k then it back fires I've checked the tps and it's where it should be i also have a pc3, nikko g pack on the bike as well the pc3 came from my last tlr but it had the harness cook and took the ecm with it but the unit still works and is showing that its running lean lean... Any and all ideas would be bad ass thx
Bryant W.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yes I have a c41 no prime at start seems only way to get fuel pumping is when I jumper wire where my relay plugs up I've tried a hand full of new relays chased wires to ECU and back ,hell I've even modified my harness and cut it shorter cause I have no fairings so had to do a little nip and tuck plus reroute and also moved my battery up under the back seat. I've ran the bike with the lil jumper trick for a while seems to be fine as long as when I park I remove it so it stops the pump.. but it has full pressure if that was the answer you are looking for? But any ideas on fixing that I'd be open to as well just cause it's works doesn't mean it's right...

I'm gonna snap a pic of it here soon so y'all can see what I'm working on lol.
Thx for the help I appreciate it very much.
Bryant W.

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,540 Posts
...... i did the air box mod the full mod basically removed and capped all vac lines not needed so as of now i currently have only two vac ports in use off my throttle bodies. ....... the idle is high and choppy then when given throttle it tries to die unless a feather the hell outta the fuel and get the rpms to actually raise up above 3 or 4 k then it back fires.......
Which two vacuum ports are you using, and which components do they connect to?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll snap a pic and show it basically if. Right I have one line hooking the two throttle bodies together and the second line goes to the sensor which only gas acts kind of like a mass air flow sensor maybe the secondary sensor that originally hooked on to the airbox housing is removed from my understanding which isn't an issue so we got to post that overdrive or I got a whole lot of nice things to say to him haha thanks again send that picture soon

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,540 Posts
....I have one line hooking the two throttle bodies together and the second line goes to the sensor which only gas acts kind of like a mass air flow sensor maybe the secondary sensor that originally hooked on to the airbox housing is removed
Based on your description, the vacuum connections don't sound right to me.

See the two diagrams posted here.
The first one is from page 4-25 in the manual, and I included it to show better detail. The second one has been highlighted with color to show which vacuum lines can be removed. The RED can be removed, because they only control the flapper valve. The GREEN and BLUE lines should remain intact. Keep in mind that some of the remaining lines have very small plastic Jets inside the tubing. See Pages 4-78 and 4-79 in the manual for details on the Jets. If you replace the tubing, be sure to transfer the Jets to the new tubes.

Of course, any unused vacuum ports need to be capped.

TLR 4-25 by Tony Six5, on Flickr

TLR vacuumsystem-1 by Tony Six5, on Flickr

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello again thanks for the pics to look at to compare and I wondered if what I explained in the last message clear enough guessing maybe it wasn't bad but not totally clear as I'm look at the diagrams pages and the way I have my lines and shit done now are spot on buddy so that's pretty dope if I do say so myself and I do haha. The vacuum lines are removed capped and routed correctly also the sensors plus other bits and parts all in red are removed and set up function properly 100% positive... I wrote chuck asked him a few questions and also asked for his info to have my ecm flash and remapped like he does but still have yet to hear anything from him back yet not sure why that is but gotta keep on going so I bought a 9pin VGA to USB and I'm gonna download and twerk my power commander 3 myself which I assume would adjust my ecm as well since they are hook together with my wire harness gonna hook up to my laptop and start playing with that stuff in like 30 mins or so wish me luck I'll keep you posted on how it all goes and works out. Thx again ttys Bryant W.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts