TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

New here ......

Just placed a deposit on a 2000 TL1000R in Black - collect on Tuesday.

Have always liked the TL1000 models so picked this one up cheaply - suspect its going to need TLC! 36,000 miles and 13 previous owners!

Will update after collection.

Is there a manual on line?

Thanks
BSR67

·
Moderator,
8,225 Posts
Howdy and welcome. Wow! 13 previous owners. :hmm

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Howdy and welcome. Wow! 13 previous owners. :hmm
Yep! It's a worry, but I like a challenge. And I have picked it up cheap (yes I know, all the advice says walk away!!!).

Apparently it had the 'Fuel pump relay and seal done' in June last year.

I've got a habit of 'saving' bikes if that makes sense.

Will update when I collect tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll do that usual Newbie question ....... How do I post pictures on this forum!

BSR67

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi bsr67 welcome to the clan I'm like you too back on a tlr after 17 years since I rode one or any bike since🤣. I'm sure you will get her in pristine condition after some TLC. As of posting photos click the paper clip attachment icon at the top when posting a message to upload photos. Here's mine only had her 5 wks!🤗

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is lovely Fangface. Prefer the Classic Suzuki Colours - mine is the (I think) rarer Black/Silver. I'm just going through the process of sorting FI gremlins, and righting some of the historic wrongs! IMG_5356.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's very nice in black too and I nearly bought about 2 yrs ago but never got the courage up to buy it but I do like all the colours and only got the blue and white as i had one many years ago so it's a sentimental reason for me. I'm sure after a bit of tlc it will be purring in no time and like you said it's a challenge you want to win and with all the advice and help on here you wont be alone. Mine needs some tlc it has a small dent in the tank and slight crack to the nose cone but otherwise in mint condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just an update on my progress with getting the tiller prepared for her winter storage. Nose fairing and tank off for repair, deep clean and then some acf50 to keep the rust away. All new to me but I'm learning as I go along I just hope I can put her back together again🤔.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts