TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
OK Folks, I put it back, any ordering or pricing must go outside the main post, meaning in PM space, unless Bernhard subscribes, I couldn't leave this off as may folks are interested in the box

Doug

my friend Thorsten Durbahn - His website is: http://www.durbahn.de/ (VTR SP2 riders know him, he created a lot of goodies for the SP2 including 23litre airbox and other things- he won 10 horses in the middle rev´s with his box!- see: http://www.meccanicacorse.net/gallery/album09/RC51durb ) is building an airbox prototype on my Tillis for all of us who like some extra ponies.... see:
http://www.tl1000.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9633&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
:lol
I thougt about that kind of reaction!

More Info´s: The gas tank is the upper side of the airbox like Ducati 996 has....so the throttle bodies are in the middle of the airbox - rear cylinder head cap is easy to open like stock before - also installed Bitubo is no problem - we thought about everything! :)

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's expensive but it is durbahn after all!

will this use the standard air tubes? where will the filter(s) be?
Thorsten said, the stock air tubes are big enough so no use for other ones.
filters are installed inside left and right at the inlet from the tubes (excuse my bad english) - thorsten said, the filters have to be washed/blown out every 2000km, but that is better as a small airbox, I think :devious

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the prototype is as finished as you can see in the german forum - Thorsten said, it will be finished at christmas .... very fine christmas present:) :) :)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
He is expensive but produces good stuff with excellent results. I like the way he looks at problems and comes up with solutions.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
:eek:mg damn that is a huge sucker

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have had a close copy of this type airbox on my 98tls for about 25,000 miles. Mine is a little different in that it has the cross bars inside the air box as well as the tbs. It also is made of pieces rather than one piece and what a pain in the ass it is to put together and seal it all up!! With this airbox,cut down tbs, home made velocity stacks,pair valve used as crankcase evacuator, with about 40,000miles at the time my bike put out 128hp with a different power curve than alot of the dyno runs I'v seen on here- not as flat on top- most tl power curves go to a point and level out. The curve on my bike has a nice little hill and does not just level out. As far ass dyno feels like alot more mid to high rpm power maybe lost some way down low but thats to be expected.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would be interested also for one

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
thats cool
:hail

·
Registered
623 Posts
Interesting, it's quite much i think. Lost much down low?
I was alittle worried about how much to cut off. Got this idea from some info i read the and the ducati ama racebikes that i had a very good look at in the pits at the the mid-ohio ama races. Very short-big tbs, short-big bellmouths and the biggest airbox that can fit. I was shocked at the small filter area they had. Was expecting to see a lot of filter area, not so. Maybe not needed in short racing situations and or with large volume airbox? Ass dyno says lots more mid to high power and some loss way down low. If I can(no scanner) I will post dyno run

1 - 20 of 53 Posts