TLZone Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
The ECM and thermostat replacement wasnt actually a recall,was just done as a warranty repair (universal).Gasket,plate,fuel tank side cushion and tank itself were the first recall.TLR got a new hose between filter and pump as a recall fwiw.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I know this is old but they are still honoring the recall. My tank was replaced 8 months ago as a recall replacement.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
The ECU and frame crack were voluntary, not true recalls. The tank swap and new rear tank supports were supposed to be real recalls, but poorly executed IMHO. I organized the original complaints to the DOT/NHTSA which started the tank recall.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Tortuga,

97S here.
No damper on it when I got it (but also a sheared bolt in the bottom mounting point on the frame, so it would have been impossible to fit one anyways), but new tank. No stickers anywhere to be found just the tank stamp. Also the recalled ECU. Again, no stickers on my frame.

·
Registered
59 Posts
@rxf610

Ok so no sticker, Im trying to figure out if mine EVER had one put on during the recall. When I picked up my 97TLS it didnt come with the hardware and I don't know of any indication to find out if it ever had it. Would a dealer have a record of the VIN#'s serviced for the recall?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
@rxf610

Ok so no sticker, Im trying to figure out if mine EVER had one put on during the recall. When I picked up my 97TLS it didnt come with the hardware and I don't know of any indication to find out if it ever had it. Would a dealer have a record of the VIN#'s serviced for the recall?
Try calling them. I am guessing my damper was done, some gorilla sheared the bottom mounting bolt off in the past and never put it back on. I didn't have any of the hardware or the actual damper. I was able to score the entire thing off ebay for like $20. I put fresh oil in it, and the action feels silky smooth now. But if you can get a free one, why not??

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Fact. .....when my TL s had a cracked frame.
Suzuki denied any problems .
until I took many copies of press releases.
To trading standards.
Result. ....new frame .
but beware dealers trying to make money from your misfortune.
One tried to charge me for labour.
I changed the dealer and there was no charge.
:thumbup

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im stuck on same subject is this the ok sticker to say its been.sorted ? As i have no steering damper at all on my 97tls uprated to bibuto rear and are these forks upgrade can anyone tell or a good sticker fitted ?? IMAG0672_zpsf7cafead.jpg IMAG0673_zpsz9jibccg.jpg IMAG0674_zpsolxlfakg.jpg

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Technically possible there might be some internal revalving going on inside those forks but most likely its just a sticker. You won't know without taking them apart.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Wish I could have said "The sticker means they are pure gold on the insides" but I'd have been the previous owner. :)

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
He may well have done. How long have you had the machine? If its long enough for the forks to need a service then there's an excuse to pull them apart and see.

Alternatively if the thing rides well that's a good indicator some work has been done. Go with it and have a little faith.

Always look on the bright side of life.... :whistling

·
Registered
36 Posts
In my tls I don't have any 'recall' sticker. have the steering damper and a recalled ecu partnumber. How can I check if my frame was repared or recalled?

My fuel tank never was recalled too :( Wil buy a +98 and paint in the bike color..

21 - 37 of 37 Posts