TLZone Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
I could swear i did read somewhere on this forum of a rectifier/regulator mod? Is there such a mod on the TLS?
Depends what you mean. I have done the charging mod on mine where you bypass the starter relay with the wires from the rectifier to get a better charge going to the battery.

There are upgraded rectifiers available
Too. Check out the frequents mods forum.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks. I will check it out. But i have another problem that is really making to scratch my head.....the water pump cover made a strange noise today when i started it today. Further inspection when i took it off is that the water pump impeller runs on the inside of the new housing that i bought. Then i checkedd it with the old one they are identical except for the new 1 which has a t piece? Must i go buy a gasket that is thick and abandon the oring?

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Strange. Didn't change anything on mine except for the cover. Did you disturb anything on the impeller when you changed it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No nothing. U see the cover came from a cagiva raptor. Im also wondering if the oring isn't worn out ? Because it is flat with the surface.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
No nothing. U see the cover came from a cagiva raptor. Im also wondering if the oring isn't worn out ? Because it is flat with the surface.
If it's not leaking it should be fine. They fit flat or the bolts wouldn't tighten it up properly would they?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have stupid question. Since the thermostat housing mod my tl pick up the temp nicely way over 80'C. So if i understand correctly the ECU runs the warm map after 80'C, but ive noted that when riding at high speeds the temp drops to +-60'C does the ECU goes back to the cold map? Im just worried about it. Anyone with some info?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Is it possible for the injectors to get blocked/dirty? I have noted when my TL is cold,when i started the idling is very low,so much that i must turn the throttle a little bit to bring the rpm up? Is this of dirty injectors?

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Do you have the fast idle lever. That's for cold starting.
What temperature is the thermostat in the new housing?
Sounds like it's not closing when the engine is cooling down hense when the bike is run at speed the extra air running through the radiator is cooling the engine well but the thermostat isn't closing to keep at optimum temperature.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The fast idle lever has no effect, i changed the cable when i bought it cause the original 1 broke. About the thermostat its an 82'C i couldnt find a higher one that would fit into the housing. Does the ECU go back to cold map if the temp goes below 80'C.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
The fast idle lever has no effect, i changed the cable when i bought it cause the original 1 broke. About the thermostat its an 82'C i couldnt find a higher one that would fit into the housing. Does the ECU go back to cold map if the temp goes below 80'C.
I would say yes. I'm sure mine was running rich at the lower temperatures most of the time before i did the mod on mine.

You have relocated the wiring for the temperature pick up from the radiator to the new thermostat housing I take it.

Fast idle cable probably needs adjusting to get it to work better. You could have done that when you had it apart to change the thermostat housing. :Baghdad

·
Registered
44 Posts
me too

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
U were correct, i adjusted the fast idle screw and now it idles like it should when started. I did the thermostat mod. My TL runs alot hotter as prevously with factory thermostat. I am going to pull the injectors next week to have a look.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
😭today my TL oil level have risen again.....thermostat i have in it now is not right,Tl runs to cool. I saw on another thread here on the forum that a DL1000 has the thermostat that i am looking for an 88°C one. Will that one fit? If i buy a whole unit will i be able to use it? Its almost winter soon here in south Africa. I just want to get my TL sorted? Any help TL lovers please

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I have been monitoring it since i put in new oil it didnt rise? Does must have happened overnight? Faulty regulator or injector is suspect

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thermostat 88°C Tama W44DX-88, STANT 29209 buy in auto parts, or from Suzuki DL

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
I'm going to ask the obvious.
Is the radiator staying cold until the engine gets to a certain temperature. ie: around 80°c. Then once warm when the thermostat opens the coolant should then flow throught he radiator to maintain temperature.
It still sounds to me like either the wrong stat or its staying open.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I have that 82°C one 1, but it looks to me like it stays open well below that temp. The engine runs cool around 65°C. This ECU on this 97 is giving me a bloody headache

21 - 40 of 40 Posts