TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting this bike up for sale on Sept 16th 2018.

Original owner of a 1997 TL1000S. This is a sad day as it was my first purchase of a brand new bike.

14,247 Original Miles

Bike is all original and has had all factory recalls taken care of including the steering damper which I removed. To me, much better feel without it. Always been garaged and well cared for. The current seat is an original Suzuki TL1000S Gel Pad seat that I purchased for long rides. Have the original seat as well as the passenger seat. Original Suzuki optional TL tank bra. K&N air filter. Everything is in great condition. There is some scuffing on the passenger side front fairing from a minor tip over.

The TL has been a great ride and hope that it will go to someone who truly appreciates what this bike is. Best offer takes this bike as it must go. I will post more pics as soon as I get home to take more, in 2 weeks.

01_Side.jpg 02_Side Back.jpg 03_Above_1.jpg 04_Above_2.jpg 05_Odometer.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't get me wrong, I love this bike!! But it's time to let someone else have a chance at a great bike.

Getting older, my job interferes with my summer riding time, the bike sits around. That's why in 21 years, I have only put 14,000 miles on it...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Make sense, i understand
Ihave 2 TLS and SV, in summer work like nut so barely any time to ride too, when work slows down or thers not any its so friggin cold i cant ride.
Va might be slightly warmer than Pa

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, As soon as all this rain passes and I can get the bike out in the sun, I'll post more pics. Tues possibly Wed.

Yup, someone will ride away with a great bike, even thou I keep having second thoughts...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More Pics 01

Finally had some time and good weather to take more pics:

Includes:
Original Suzuki TL Tank Bra
2 - Main driver seats
1 - passenger seat
Original factory tool kit
Original key and spare key
1997 Suzuki Brochure
Original Motorcycle Manual
Original purchase receipts.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I still have the TL. I was going to wait till Spring to advertise it again. Got sidetracked by the passing of my father.

Was asking $3000. It's a good time of the year. I'm open to offers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great price for unmolested stock TLS, and low miles....not many of them around in that shape....also i barely seen any on the road, when ride mine ppl always ask me what is it?

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad. Oddly enough, I am another green '97 TLS original owner whose dad passed away in December. It was also my first new bike purchase. Mine has been parked in the basement for the past six years as I flip flop on keeping it or selling it. It isn't totally unmolested like yours is though. They are cool bikes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts