TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of selling my 1969 German look beetle and some aftermarket goodies for it. I'm just trying to judge the interest here before I go to ebay. I have stuff like 911 seats, wheels brakes, trailing arms and gauges...
Basically I fitted Porsche 944-s trailing arms with ventilated disc brakes in the rear and a custom set-up in the front to run 944-s brakes all around. It has a built 4-speed transmission, 944-s axles and CV joints and a Kafer cup chassis brace and 18" Porsch turbo twist II wheels. There is so much more to mention but like I said I'm just trying to judge interest.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
There is a bit of a cult interest world wide as you would know. I did a lot of custom machining for Volksrestore her in oz for a few years, but the interest in oz seems to have waned. perhaps hunting around for a suitable forum would offer an outlet for you bits. ebay is always good . maybe going to one of the swap meeets that is likely to have interested buyers ........

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a bit of a cult interest world wide as you would know. I did a lot of custom machining for Volksrestore her in oz for a few years, but the interest in oz seems to have waned. perhaps hunting around for a suitable forum would offer an outlet for you bits. ebay is always good . maybe going to one of the swap meeets that is likely to have interested buyers ........
I used to be a moderator on a germanlook VW forum and a founding member of a VW car club. I was quite nuts about my car, well I still am.....I think it is just time to let her go to somebody that can complete her. If I can't sell it for a bunch of money maybe I will just keep it for another on the back burner for another decade......:laugh

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
German look beetle??? :confused

:worthless

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Good thing you don't live closer to Phoenix! The wife has been looking for a older Beetle car.
Just for curiosity, you got any pics of it?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is more like a German storage unit now...:laugh

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Wow thats a full trunk!:laugh

Like the wheels! What size motor you got in it?

I think you should keep it and finish it!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow thats a full trunk!:laugh

Like the wheels! What size motor you got in it?

I think you should keep it and finish it!
Right now I have my blown stock engine somewhere, I found the shortblock....
I did have, but sold a 2.0 914 engine with a DTM upright cooling kit. With a god header it would have had about 100hp and 80ft-lbs. of torque.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts