·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally got my LSAT score and its not too shabby:banana

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
WOW that's better than the pretest score you shared with us.

How long did you study for that and what materials did you use for studying?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:yes

I studied pretty regularly from late August till the first of December - took the Kaplan prep course during that time and used their materials. Worked out well enough I suppose:)

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Congratulations Josh. You pretty much have you pick of the crop for law school with your GPA and that score base on what little reading I've done.

Googled it.

"The LSAT Scoring Scale:

The LSAT is scored on a scale of 120 to 180. An average score is a 151, which tends to be around the 50th percentile. (This means that the student in question did better than 50 percent of all test takers.) A desirable score for many students is a 160, which would place a student around the 85th percentile (better than 85 percent of all test takers.) Many “top-tier” schools require around a 160 on the test.

To get into a top "national" school, you generally need to get a 165/166 or higher (95th percentile). A truly excellent score would be anything above the 99th percentile, which translates to a score of 171 or above. However, it's important to remember that you don't normally need to do this well. Even at the very best schools, the scores of many, if not most students, are below 170. "

:hail I'm not really supprised though. :laugh

·
Registered
612 Posts
oh ..thought it was a new top speed mark, but congrats anyway.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
congrats Josh.. my diploma was mailed to me yesterday by the school under my request so i can put it under the tree and have moms name on it.. but to my bad luck i went home late and mom had picked the mail so she knew about it before i got home.. its minor computer science and BA in Business Admin.. masters here i comeeeeee.....

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
congrats Josh.. my diploma was mailed to me yesterday by the school under my request so i can put it under the tree and have moms name on it.. but to my bad luck i went home late and mom had picked the mail so she knew about it before i got home.. its minor computer science and BA in Business Admin.. masters here i comeeeeee.....
Cool stuff, where did you do your undergrad? Mason?

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Way to go ASH and definitely get the master's in something. It pays off Big time.

GAWD, I wish I would have done that. :banghead

IIRC Josh was Valley Victorian or at least close enough.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
super, just what the world needs, another lawyer :banghead

:)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't worry too much, I'll be doing international trade and anti-trust law I think.

Hey Dell, what's a Valley Victorian? I don't think I ever was one, but I did kick butt in undergrad at GMU:thumbup

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
You had me lost for a second Josh! Congrats on the 99th percentile score!!! Like Del said though, I'm not really surprised! I think we all knew that you were capable of that. :thumbup :cheers

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Valedictorian.

I screwed up on the spelling a bit. :laugh That's why I'm just a country boy, and not making the big bucks. :banghead

1 - 20 of 33 Posts