TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It it possible to get that out of a TLR and what would it take to get it?.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I believe TLRMan´s makes around 140 rwhp if im not mistaken, ask him. :)

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
tlrj should know also but I haven´t seen him around lately, people are leaving the planet left and right it seems... :dowhat

·
Registered
551 Posts
I got 141 on the old motor and it wasnt cheap. Aiming for more with the new one.

BUT... I dont really believe dyno numbers worth a damn. The curve is what you want to look at, along with the a/f ratio. Use the same dyno when you make mods to see what the differences are.

Not all dynos are the same... mine might make 141 on one, but only make 117 on another.... then again with a shady dyno operator it could make 165...

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Flood said:
.... then again with a shady dyno operator it could make 165...
:devious How many horsepower do you want??

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
well...dyno numbers are crap, but if you want to be in that neighborhood of that sort of power. Gonna need a full exhaust, pc, and aftermarket airbox setup...atleast.

like these guys said, numbers vary, and really don't mean diddly...i mean technically, the TLR is supposed to have 130hp out of the box :no

so...take that for what you will

-:banana

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Ad some yellow color to It and shaboom you will have atleast
+15 hp :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
does the aftermarket airbox really make that much of a diffrence over a modded stock airbox? just curious, and if so whats the best one to get and what are my options?
thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have hermits airbox and the midrange realy picked up(about 10 hp)dynos wont show the effect of the ram air, when I got mine dynoed it was just over 130hp(My fiancee threw out the sheet-bitch). All I have is full yosh, hermits airbox, and a pc2. first run ever with d&d slip ons only was 116 so a 14hp increase with all these mods

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Nothing like bringing back a 4 year old thread for your first post:laugh

I think you'll have to be a bit more specific about what you are looking for and how your bike is currently setup:)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
This must be a record for resurrecting an old thread. Anyhow, try the search function and play around with your criteria. I'm not one of the resident TL wrenches but plan on high compression pistons as a beginning. Sam has built a few, there's always nitrous :laugh

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Offtopic

sorry for offtop, but how do the mods you said affect the engine longevity ?? ???

As i understand after mods fuel mixture differs from what manufacture designed the engine for, and the exhaust works a bit different than it was planned.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
sorry for offtop, but how do the mods you said affect the engine longevity ?? ???
As long as you look after it with frequent oil changes with good quailty oil then it's very reliable. Mine's into it's 5th year now with around 140whp

You can get mid to high 120's without going inside the engine, but after that it starts getting expensive, here's a shopping list :laugh

100mm (+2mm) JE High Compression Pistons
Bored and Replated Barrels
Flowed Heads
Stainless Flat Head Valves
1040cc, 14:1 C/R, 0.9mm Squish
JHS Stage 2 Race Cams c/w vernier Cam Gears
Arrow Rods
Lightened and Balanced Crank
Barnett Clutch Springs
Full TLR M4 System
K&N Filter
Custom mapped Power Commander