·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
301 Posts
any word on what the 1098S is going to cost

those of us living in the states? That might be the first ducati I would actually be willing to buy.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I read about that bike in a mag during a flight home last weekend. I could seriously see spending $10g on a used on when I graduate from college. well, until they come out with and 1198 :thumbup

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
those of us living in the states? That might be the first ducati I would actually be willing to buy.
From what I hear it they will be here in March, at least the standard 1098. I don't know about the S. I'm with you though, sure looks tempting.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Boy it sure sounds like a Duc dont it ... rattling clutch, rattling desmos :laugh sure is tempting but I've gone off the looks again :laugh

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
A shop near me has go an S already. Going to test seat it next week :)

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ducati had one on display at the bike show in Toronto two weeks ago. Believe me, you have to see this bike in person. It is the best looking Duc ever. I WILL own a 1098 some day.

G

·
in the video clip, at the very end, there's a mate of mine standing in the window frame :)

video was taken at ducati BM motors in Ghent, Belgium, 2 kms from where i live :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I read they were supposed to be cheap $$- Like $15k:) , which is pretty cheap for a Duc. I work at a Kawi dealership and an '07 ZX10 is like $11500.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
the huge hole is for the new euro3 emissions testing when ya get the S with the termis and the new chip it is suposed to be gone

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
the huge hole is for the new euro3 emissions testing when ya get the S with the termis and the new chip it is suposed to be gone
Sweet, I figured it was something silly like that:thumbup

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
are they stupid? They list a 999s as the same price as a 1098s; who's going to buy the older 999s for the same price?!!
That's what a Belgian bikemag found best about the bike, that it comes at the same price as the previous model (999).
Probably that 999 on the site has some upgrades here and there :O

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
That sound is really cool! :hail

No I4 is ever gonna rattle my spine like that.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
How the hell did you stumble on that Belgian vid? :dowhat

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
are they stupid? They list a 999s as the same price as a 1098s; who's going to buy the older 999s for the same price?!!

I do like that Tri-color paint, but not for that much extra.
Yeah they are, colmans power sports/power ride is a pretty :thatsgay dealership. Their previous owner Mr. Colman was a scam man all the way, even got himself a year or two in jail not too long ago. I think it was bought out by some fairly big company recently and has been on the upswing. Rather than a big impersonal deliberately scamming dealership, its now just a big impersonal dealership:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts