TLZone Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
baby jesus hates CTD
:confused :dowhat :O :coocoo :boring :beer

and why the hell does it say you posted that at 9:36 pm TODAY? its only 2:09 :coocoo

and it says this post is after 10PM :confused

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Odd, I was thinking of this thread when it seems to have been spammed :dowhat :confused

Saw this ........ some of the parts don't seem to bad, but £137 for a kick-start lever :dowhat :O

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/heni770

Makes a £3200 engine not seem so bad ..... :banghead

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts

I was trolling around on the Drongo Biker site and found this in my attachments there,anyone remember it,the 3mm lightening holes made it feather weight but strong in compression. :laugh

Vaguely.

I think it was a suspension spacer of some description for a mod someone was doing. I can't remember who or what.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
I thought that model had the chrome wire headlight brackets?

or am I dreamin'?

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
btw les I have the original ducati book by cathcart if you want to borrow it.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
:yumyum oooh, yes please :)

·
Registered
8,379 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Billbo - :kicknuts - me

this :devious

What I really, really, want is this ...... :hail :hail

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I thought that model had the chrome wire headlight brackets?

or am I dreamin'?
Stu that GT has the right brackets for 1974 (wire on 73 and back)but that year did not have alloy rims or Aprilia switch gear (as it does) it does have the correct steel fenders/mudguards and centre axle Marzocchi forks.

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Les, I think this is the most beautiful Duc ever.

Doug,as much as i like the sport models,the base models are wheres it at for me. :laugh

Imagine country back lanes on a GT with just the sound of a pair of Conti mufflers .

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
damn nice bikes
brings back memories of my darmah.

I even ran it with twin plugs for a while. makes quite a difference to the power delivery.

I'm sitting here not 4 foot from my 450 and thinking...............................

yeah well when I get the kitchen finished and the tl back together then..........

I'l paint the tank and put it back on the road...

bought the sticker kit in '93

matched the paint in '97

moved it all upstairs in '08

i guess its not far from finished.........

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Btw if your running 32mm delortos this is a really effective mod.

put them up in the 4 jaw and offset along the slide plane by 3.5mm downwards.

bore to 35.5 mm

trim top of slide if req'd to get full open throttle.

cleans up the power delivery and is cosmetically undetectable. goes nicely with twin plugs and sport cams.

sport cams measure the same timing intervals as the imola desmo cams but without the same area under the valve figures.

At one stage the darmah had 750 sport heads . 1mm over wisecos lightend by 2 oz 35.5 mm delortos and a 2 into 1

at other times it had 1m over wisecos lightend by 2 oz twin plug desmo heads and 35.5 2 into 1 or twin contis.

I also ran reversed fork legs with the calipers behind and the rear caliper I inverted too. all with aluminium pistons.

for track use I had several holes in the rear brake lever so I could reduce the rear brake effectiveness. ducatis that shake their head under brakes are applying too much rear brake ( strange but true)

and we had fun fun fun til the coppers took my license away.......

one more thing if you remove the original airboxes on any of the v twins make sure u retain the flapper valve from the front airbox on the breather pipe..

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
$1276 wasn't enough for the clusters.

Stu,i put 41mm FCR's on the Darmah around 1997,made the Malossi 40mm Delorto's look average in every department.
Engine is a full house Vee Two Australia item but is waiting for another rod kit,another job for the future.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
NNNiiiccceeeeeeee.......

what happened to the rods

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
They were a set of the Vee Two insert rods (Crank lightened (2.2kgs) and polished)
The rods were fine for 20000kms then the radial clearance went to the service limit very quickly.
I heard a rumour some of the hardened sleeves were not to spec and that is what happened,who knows,i have a spare set of new rods but no bearings so will see if Brook Henry can get some to use that set.
A new oem rod kit was way over $1000 years ago.

If you are brave ask me why i have a new set of rods but no bearings. :laugh

21 - 40 of 48 Posts