21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
Don't do it while they're on the engine :no

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
chew chew barley mcgrew... cuthbert dibble and crunch!!!

Not in situ Chris!

You don't need new gakets do ya if you lift the TB's carefully? Oh unless the restrictors are cut out of the gasket?? Still you could use Hylomar type stuff... orange is petrol/heat res. I think?

I have some hole cutters that may be better than dremelite!

Smooth is what ya need!!!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Steve TLS said:
Don't do it while they're on the engine :no
:stupid

and anyway i thought your mother had told you that you were not alowed to go into the garage alone with the vacume cleaner anymore?........ :laugh

first things first.... lift the tank and the airbox... if you wind the throttle wide open you might be able to see (with the aid of a torch) far enough down the openings past the butterflys to see if they are restricted.... if you look at the pic steve put up you can see there is quite a bit of difference between them...

if they are restricted then you can go about lifting the throttle bodies and trying to take em off the heads...........

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
:thumbup cheers guys for the info and stuff....I was actually joking about the vacumn cleaner and in-situ!:laugh give me some mechanical credit!:lol ....mind you....the vacumn might still be used:devious....:puke

I'll certainly have a look soon, opening the butterflys and stuff as thats a furkin doddle.

Hell I'll even keep ya posted:)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
cikko said:
chew chew barley mcgrew... cuthbert dibble and crunch!!!

It's Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb (or crunch in this case). Pay attention to Trumpton next time!!!

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Amigo said:
It's Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb (or crunch in this case). Pay attention to Trumpton next time!!!
you're both off ya head:eek :cuckoo :coocoo :cuckoo ...I'll walk away slowly now....

:baaa

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Burn it off with a torch. :dunno

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I was just going to clip off that pesky black/brown wire and thought I'd have a look in the Haynes manual. According the wire diagram, it completes the circuit of the Intake air temp sensor, tip over sensor, other pressure sensors and ends at the Engine collant temp sensor.

This sounds bad, anyone?:confused

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I was just going to clip off that pesky black/brown wire and thought I'd have a look in the Haynes manual. According to the wire diagram, it completes the circuit of the Intake air temp sensor, tip over sensor, other pressure sensors and ends at the Engine collant temp sensor.

This sounds bad, anyone?:confused

·
Registered
3,906 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
try sending your payment to the TLzone

cheers steve and dar:hail

yeah it ain't the zorsts, straight thru scorpions. must be the inlet manifolds, I'll have a look later.

:cheers guys, just paypalled my thanks to the Planet:banana
:lol

21 - 34 of 34 Posts