TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you guys find out if my bike is restricted(i think it is a swiss model) going of these numbers on my E.C.U? AS I HAVENT GOT A BLOODY CLUE:O

Here are all the numbers on the e.c.u

32920-02FKO
112100-0280
12V NEP020

Also on my vin plate it also has some foreign writng that says"STEUERGERAET" NEP020 and "SCHALLDAMPFER":O

Does anyone know what foreign language that is please help:banghead

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
The language is german, other than that I cant help... sorry :dunno

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hummm...
I used to mechanic on Aprilias a while back. The restriction is usualy in the airbox for mainland euro folks. That would be my place to start.

There is also going to be an enviromental ECU setting as well ( I suspect)

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
That's German and means "engine control unit NEP020, exhaust blah blah". Don't trust that sticker on the frame, it doesn't mean anything.

To get around the restriction you need new inplet trumpets and you need to cut a wire on the ECU. Don't know the exact pin without looking into the documents.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guishnu & rufer :thumbup . Rufer can you try and find out what wire i need to cut on the e.c.u please
Also im not sure what the inlet trumpets are:stupid :confused

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
OK, how to remove restriction for a TLS
- the 98hp restriction is the black-brown wire on the ECU ( Pin#18). Don't cut it, just take the pin out of the connector. So you can go back just in case.
PS: For all the US guys: No, don't cut this wire. It won't have any effect on non restricted bikes.

- Inlet trumpets are, hmmm these two round things where the air&fuel gets into the engine :) Heck I don't know the word (English is not my native language as you maybe remarked).
Check: engine off, remove tank, airbox. check if there's something narrow in there that restricts air flow (full trottle to see through).

Hope that was understandable :O I don't have pictures, Swiss bikes were never restricted (just german models, perhaps austrian. There are some more differences for the French).

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great, thanks again lads for the info and the quick responce:cheers. I will have a look at the airbox tommorrow to see if there is anything restricting the air flow and i will see what happens when i remove the wire from the e.c.u:thumbup :thumbup
I hope it is restricted because it feels fast now, so can't wait to see what it's like with more power:) :) :) :hail :hail
400 yard wheelie's here i come:banana :banana :wheelie :wheelie

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
This was bloody useful to find:banana had mine dynoed and 98.[something] came out:bawling I'm gonna remove that dang wire see if it helps:dunno

Wish me luck!

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
You'll have to check your inlet manifolds to see if they're restricted too.

Restricted exhausts

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
cheers steve and dar:hail

yeah it ain't the zorsts, straight thru scorpions. must be the inlet manifolds, I'll have a look later.

:cheers guys, just paypalled my thanks to the Planet:banana

·
Registered
281 Posts
ive heard if its the manifolds they are a complete whore to get off,
you will more than likely **** up the allen heads on the nut holding the manifold down,
it was easy on My TLR just popped out the throttle bells and hello midrange:devious :laugh

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
bikerchris said:
cheers steve and dar:hail

yeah it ain't the zorsts, straight thru scorpions. must be the inlet manifolds, I'll have a look later.

:cheers guys, just paypalled my thanks to the Planet:banana
Is that why I was catching you guys up on Sunday? The dual carriageway blat?

I thought - "oh they're going for it here".... so being at the back, I opened up, front wheel skimming past BSM, 3rd gear and hooning past Paps 4th and 5th and then 6th catching you guys up!

Too many cars.... then... but I was 100% throttle!!!
:)

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
dar said:
you will more than likely **** up the allen heads on the nut holding the manifold down,
it was easy on My TLR just popped out the throttle bells and hello midrange:devious :laugh
you had to go and ruin it didn't ya:banghead so angle grinder and extractors it is....
:laugh

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
dar said:
:stupid

i tried to take them off my heads when i had the engine stripped last week.. was going to make skimming the heads (not needed in the end) much easier and them allen head bolts were not shifting!!!!!!!!! left em on and got away with it...

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
OK OK!:bawling you said enough:(

Are the restrictors plaaaastic or metal? Guess you don't have em tiny with 115 odd horseys!:rant

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Hard Plastic mate... mine are nice and open..

its number 17 you are after if they are the restriced ones... you need to lift the airbox and throttle bodies to find out..

part number for both front and rear is 13101-02f00

just called my little Suzuki spares place.. £30.37 each Inc VAT if you want to get newuns or just cut the restrictor out of the ones you have... if indeed they are restricted

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
tinyUK said:
Hard Plastic mate... mine are nice and open..

its number 17 you are after if they are the restriced ones... you need to lift the airbox and throttle bodies to find out..
part number for both front and rear is 13101-02f00
just called my little Suzuki spares place.. £30.37 each Inc VAT if you want to get newuns or just cut the restrictor out of the ones you have... if indeed they are restricted
i hope they are restricted...so do you think....:cuckoo I could just dremel the buggers out in-situ...with a vacumn cleaner sucking hard...

Guess if I replaced 'em for £60 i'd need new seals..."and there's more"...:laugh

Cheers Tiny, regardless of what others say, I reckon you're alright:laugh

1 - 20 of 34 Posts