TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yeah,
He is a member here, just forgot what his member name was. Some alpha-numeric thing which I promptly forgot. I was out there on my silver & black 01' GSXR1000 & was working pregrid & a little tech most of the day. Bad ass day out there, no?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
afordmustang said:
I suck!! But I have to say I had a great time!!

Was it you that told me to disconnect my brake lights??
Sucking has nothing to do with it! It is all in your head. The whole point is to have fun out there & push your limits a bit, learn new things & not crash. If you did that your day should have been pretty good! You'll soon realize on any given day out on the track there will always be someone who can ride faster than you. Sometimes way, way, way faster. And vica versa.

I remember following Jason Pridmore one day when he was running his Formula Extreme GSXR1000 back in 01' I think it was. I followed him out & stayed kind of behind him for a warm up lap & then a going faster lap. I was hanging with him but riding pretty hard on my TLS. I had a huge grin on my face as I was able to hang with him on my lowly TLS. Then on lap 3 he put on the afterburners in a weird spot on the track, coming out of T4 down the hill. I watched him just disappear as I was hanging on to my TL scraping the midsection of my Yosh full system's midpipe through T5. I crested the hill in T6 & landed where I needed to be in order to get a good drive to T7 & I looked for Jason & he was already midway through T8! Holy crap! My ego inflated to a high level & someone took a knife to it & it made it pop! Going into T8 I started laughing to myself about the whole situation.

Have had Anthony Gobert stuff me going into T3 back in the late 90's & he dove in there so hard I thought there was no way he would pull it off. Rear wheel of his Duc was high up in the air under hard braking & it took my attention away. I missed my braking marker in the process & my rear wheel was up in the air as I was trying hard to get it slowed down in time so I could make the turn! What a dork I was. I pulled it off & had another long chuckle under my helmet for doing something stupid like that on a track...

I was directing traffic most of the day on the pregrid wearing the Yamaha crew shirt; the staff with the goatee. I probably was the one who told you to disconnect the brake light & probably checked it with the ignition on & told you to hit the front brakes to see how well it was taped up or if you removed the fuse/unplugged the lights.

:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No doubt about it I did have a great day!!

Thanks for the encouragement!!

Im pretty sure I know which guy you are.

Im in Hawaii and the local track here has closed down....Im going to try and make another track day sometime next year....Maybe we'll see you then!!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Mr. DOBALINA said:
Sucking has nothing to do with it! It is all in your head. The whole point is to have fun out there & push your limits a bit, learn new things & not crash. If you did that your day should have been pretty good! You'll soon realize on any given day out on the track there will always be someone who can ride faster than you. Sometimes way, way, way faster. And vica versa.

I remember following Jason Pridmore one day when he was running his Formula Extreme GSXR1000 back in 01' I think it was. I followed him out & stayed kind of behind him for a warm up lap & then a going faster lap. I was hanging with him but riding pretty hard on my TLS. I had a huge grin on my face as I was able to hang with him on my lowly TLS. Then on lap 3 he put on the afterburners in a weird spot on the track, coming out of T4 down the hill. I watched him just disappear as I was hanging on to my TL scraping the midsection of my Yosh full system's midpipe through T5. I crested the hill in T6 & landed where I needed to be in order to get a good drive to T7 & I looked for Jason & he was already midway through T8! Holy crap! My ego inflated to a high level & someone took a knife to it & it made it pop! Going into T8 I started laughing to myself about the whole situation.

Have had Anthony Gobert stuff me going into T3 back in the late 90's & he dove in there so hard I thought there was no way he would pull it off. Rear wheel of his Duc was high up in the air under hard braking & it took my attention away. I missed my braking marker in the process & my rear wheel was up in the air as I was trying hard to get it slowed down in time so I could make the turn! What a dork I was. I pulled it off & had another long chuckle under my helmet for doing something stupid like that on a track...

I was directing traffic most of the day on the pregrid wearing the Yamaha crew shirt; the staff with the goatee. I probably was the one who told you to disconnect the brake light & probably checked it with the ignition on & told you to hit the front brakes to see how well it was taped up or if you removed the fuse/unplugged the lights.

:)

Humbling, aint it? :banghead

I had some jackass stuff me on my old 600 going into turn 11 at Laguna, then rocket off down the front straight.

turned out to be Steve Rapp on his FBF duck :rant
cool to see guys riding at that level, if only for a second.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts