TLZone Forums banner

10,000 brake pads

Tags
000 10 brake pads
1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  craggar66 
#1 ·
So, here's the deal. I need some new brake pads on this tlr i bought and there is only about 10,000 options. my question is whats the best pad for your average, everyday dodging idiots on the highway brake pad?? not going to the track or dragracing anybody (wink wink) just need some good pads. Also, do those very nice looking wave roters make that much of a difference on the street, or are they just made for the track cuz thats a bunch of money just to stop 3 feet sooner as i fly over the bars....just wonderin'

#2 ·
EBC HH nicccccccce...........

#3 ·
What are the other two? Last I counted there were only 9,998 I could find :laugh

Like the Carbone Lorraine SBK5 myself (on the Triumph) although still running stock on the Suzukis.

But you'll get a bunch of other answers that are probably as deserving - everyone has their opinion. Mine is just that - personal opinion and purely subjective.

#4 ·
If you're not chasing high performance you can't go past the stockers.
Easy on those expensive rotors,work well from cold and in the wet and reasonably long lasting.

#5 ·
Tommy: Uh, what my associate is trying say is... Our new brake pads are really cool. You're not even gonna believe it. Like, let's say you're driving along the road with your family.
[Picks up model car]
Tommy: You're drivin' along, la-de-da, woo. All of a sudden there's a truck tire in the middle of the road. And you hit the brakes. EEEEEEEEE! Whoa, that was close. Ha-ha. Now let's see what happens when you're driving with the "other guy's" brake pads. You're drivin' along, you're drivin' along, the kids start shouting from the back seat, "I gotta go to the bathroom, Daddy!" "Not now, damn it!" Truck tire. EEEEEEEE! I CAN'T STOP!
[Slams model car into lighter]
Tommy: There's a cliff! AAAAAHH! And your family's screaming,
[sets car on fire]
Tommy: "Oh my God, we're burning alive!" "No! I can't feel my legs!" Here comes the meat wagon.
[Imitates siren]
Tommy: And the medic gets out and says, "Oh my God". New guy's around the corner puking his guts out.
[Imitates retching]
Tommy: All because you want to save a couple extra pennies. And to me, it doesn't...
This is all I can think of you mentioned brake pads.

#7 ·
thx for the info guys....guess i will just stick with the stock pads for now.....unless the credit card jumps out of my wallet again....cuz the tlr likes it so much when i break out the plastic....damn bike is worse than a woman!

#8 ·
I like the stockers too.

But if you don't run with stockers, go with a HH

Here: HH pads have the highest friction coefficient normal and hot temps. (1st & 2nd letter respectively)

C = less than 0.15.
D= 0.15 to 0.25.
E= 0.25 to 0.35.
F= 0.35 to 0.45.
G= 0.45 to 0.55.
H= over 0.55.

#9 ·
I went from stockers to HHs on my GSXR1k and I loved the difference. Better initial bite. Seemed easier to control quick stops too with less effort.

That's actually the only set of bike brake pads I've ever replaced in probably 35k of riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.