TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
It reduces the amount you have to turn the throttle to go to WOT. Most folks don't actually hit WOT because it's too far to turn comfortably.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
PM Rifleman, he's the one that sells them. If you can work a phillips head screwdriver you can install one.

*cough cough* I'll expect my usual "commission" rifleman!

Do a search for 1/5 and you'll find a ton of info.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Very easy to fit, and its got to be the cheapest mod around, makes ya bike feel new and even faster as you naturally use less throttle to go faster :) Best thing i got. Took a few moments to fit, and feels SOOOOOO!!!!!!!! goood :)

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Sorry, Got your PM Beloved, just didn't have time to answer it. I"m moving into a new house at the moment.

the 1/5th throttle insert reduces the throw needed to go from idle to WOT from the stock 90+' of rotation to a shorter 72'.

next time you are on the bike, grip the throttle normally and then rotate it all the way open to the WOT stop... Elbow pointing at the ground? Wrist cranked back until the blood circulaion is cut off?

My insert reduces the thow to something that can easily acheave WOT with out regripping or twisting yourself out of position... yet remains long enough that the bike is controlable and the throttle isn't twichy or harsh.

the 1/5th insert uses the stock housing, stock grip and stock cables so there is nothing else to buy.

Modification and installation takes about 20-40 minutes depending on how many beers you take a break to consume. the lower grip housing has some little plastic tabs that must be removed and the tip of the forward cable housing needs to be trimmed back about 3/8ths of an inch. the mod is totally reversable if you find you don't like it, though no one who as done it has gone back to the long slow throttle. the install instructions are linked in my signature, give them a read and let me know if you have any questions.

$25 USD shipped world wide

I have them in stock and usually ship the next day.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll get you hooked up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts