TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to fit a 1/5 throttle insert i got from the BMF show in the UK, (sorry R'man)
thing is before i even went to fit it on the instructions it says to back the cable adjusters all the way back to gain the neccasary free play, the adjusters at the top were already all the way in and the bottom ones would only back off a couple of threads untill fully out,
the problem i have is that i can't get enough free play in the cables to fit the dam thing, i can just get it on with the cables as they are but they are as tight as guitar strings and the throttle is stiff as hell and won't spring back,
both cables are running freely off the assembly and well lubed,
i can't believe i can't get any more adjustment aspecially as the cables are 8 years old and have done 50.000 miles now, they don't seem to have stretched at all,
has anyone else had similar problems getting more freeplay:confused :confused

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,569 Posts

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
lol you drink too much beer maybe thats your problem so pissed and slackening the damn fast idle :laugh

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorted:)

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
what was the prob' Gazza?

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Toledo said:
what was the prob' Gazza?
check the link on the second post in this thread, it will explain it all,:)

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
not a problem, I like the fact that you got your throttle the way it should be and will enjoy your bike more.

let me guess, it's an S and you went nut,nut,bracket on both cables down on the TB's and now you have all the slack you could ever want.

I think all the S's are more stingy with the extra cable, just the 97 is the worst.

rock on, and watch it, that front will come up with out much warning at this point, take you about a week to get a little less ham fisted with the throttle.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rifleman said:
not a problem, I like the fact that you got your throttle the way it should be and will enjoy your bike more.

let me guess, it's an S and you went nut,nut,bracket on both cables down on the TB's and now you have all the slack you could ever want.

I think all the S's are more stingy with the extra cable, just the 97 is the worst.

rock on, and watch it, that front will come up with out much warning at this point, take you about a week to get a little less ham fisted with the throttle.
cheers rifleman, yep put both nuts underneath and it's sorted.
i actually got it for nothing as the guy selling them came round to our stand at the show to give us a free sample, bouncer stuck her hand up first so we got it, i think he was hoping that i would recommend him to the other guys on here so that he would get more sales, (not a lot of chance of me doing that when you are selling them:hail )bouncer bought another one for her bike as well, will fit it today also,
2 of em for £25.00 ain't too bad,
i'm off to the nurburgring next saturday for 6 days, should be interesting:hail

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
6 DAYS????????? :grrr you're gonna get very dizzy going round & round & round for 6 days:laugh

Mind you, Dizzy=Bouncer, Bouncer=Dizzy :O

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hey Gazza, thanks for posting this. I installed my 1/5 about a month ago and it never really did work just right so I removed it figuring I would sort it out later. Well thanks to your post after 15min in the garage shes smooth as butter. (nut, nut, bracket :coocoo ). I guess I never thought this applied to me because I was able to route the cables properly but it was still very tight. :O

Anyway, all's good. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts