TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been looking around the site and am thinking about buying a throttle insert from Rifleman but was wondering which is the best to use and do they make a big difference?

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yes it makes a big difference so do it
Rifleman’s stuff is good
I currently have a set of Yamaha R6 grips on mine
There a little fatter in diameter so suite my big hands better
The down side is you need to do both grips
And the grips are shorter
So if you won’t to keep your std grips go Rifleman

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
ive got the 1/5 on my TLs & RC-51 :hail :hail :hail
1/6 i have'nt try'ed but i think the 1/5 would suit the road better than the 1/6.
1/6 = good for track use due to your not trying to cruse with in certain speed limits.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
1/5th is the way to go if you are on the street and do the occational track day, totally controlable from a standing start but still gives you everything the big V-twin has to offer in one smooth twist.

the 1/5.5th is alittle more agressive but still uses the stock cables and stock housing, more for the serious track guy who wants a little more performance feel on the street. Takes some getting used to and is harder to control on the street.

1/6th is really track only, almost impossible to control from a standing stop AND doesn't fit in the stock housing, or use the stock ables so you need a crew of engineers to make it work.

I could run any insert I want, progressive, 1/5.2-1/5.7.......

and I run a straigh 1/5th in my machine.

{rossi} She makesa the throttle WOOONderful...No?{/rossi}:devious :laugh

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
i find the 1/5.5 almost perfect for me.
with the 1/5th i wasn't having to re-grip like stock but i still wasn't able to just crack the throttle fully open.
tried to use the 1/6th but it wouldn't fit my cables

·
Registered
451 Posts
I got the 1/5 insert it takes about 2 days to get use to it i think it is more of a comfort thing that anything it keeps your wrist in a comfortable posistion at highway speeds and we all know that the TL already puts a lot of presure on your wrist because of the extreme riding posisition the bike will only go as fast as you want it. If you are going to do Mods to your TL the 1/5 insert is the one i would do first it is cheep and will make your riding experience more injoyable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts