1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
99 Posts
too small and too angular, doesn't fit with the scale and smooth curves of the rest of the bike. Nice try, though.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
At the track last Monday I had another dim-wit comment on my "Busa". Being taller and well, heavier I could use the extra slide-back room as my ass against the hump is still a bit crowded....Hmmm....

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Nope, I don't like it at all.

In fact, you should ship that tail to me. I have a bike it'll look great on. :devious

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i guess i'll have to post some pics when it's done. kinda too far into it to turn back now. i think it looks better than the "apple booty" thats stock. going to run dual High Pipes (custom) to get them up closer to the new tail.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
not a fan.

but whatever, most S owners don't like the R tail on my bike...whatever, I can't stand the S tail.

have fun!

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
I agree that it doesn't quite match the front, maybe if you had some more stickers on the front to make it a little busier.
Look up Couchcommando. He has a real sexy TLR

I think that works.
Nice to see it when it is done though, I likt the idea of a different rear on my S

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
people really want a diff tail on their tlr dont they. i have been getting pms all the time about it.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
<--- GSXR tail

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
chelapa said:
people really want a diff tail on their tlr dont they. i have been getting pms all the time about it.
and so what are you waiting for? i hear dollars calling my man. I WANT THE FIRST ONE.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Photochop fab work. i think the High Pipes add a little visual weight to the tail and helps balance it out. :pissright

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
still not feeling that look. Tail is still too small compared to the front end of the bike. DSLY1 has a more balanced look ot his with the GSXR tail he is using
Ken

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I like the tail on the R. I think it adds character to the bike. As for the gixxer tail in this thread... Nahhh :no it doesn't flow with the rest of the TL. It looks a little better with the custom high mount pipes, but it still doesn't look right to me.

·
14,150 Posts
How that tail is supposed to look. :devious

Sorry, had to whore up my bike. :)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I've been fotosouping as well and I think this will be my TL over some time :devious

I've been anti fairing for a while now and might just do a front fairing, dunno jet.. But how this k5 seat for a start..?

·
14,150 Posts
Worst photochop evar! :laugh

But I like the direction you are going with the bike. Too bad it's an R...you gotta fab up some small dutcts to cover the holes in the frame or it looks like :puke

1 - 20 of 23 Posts