TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just painted a yellow section between my headlights and I picked the paint up at AUtozone. It's the Rustolium Sunburst Yellow. It actually matches the 02 TLR paint REALLY REALLY close. Good for painting little shit on the bike. I'd say it's close enough to do an undertail as well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
good to know for future projects. :thumbup did you spray any clear over the yellow?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Color rite has the exact paint to match, but it's expensive as hell. Like $40 for the base and top coat in a spray can. They do show different color codes for the earlier models - but using a light primer would probably make it closer to yours. I didn't use a clear coat on this..mainly because I didn't have any.. =) I just painted a section in between the headlights. It's about to get projectors anyway..was just bored.. LOL I'm thinking about taking all of the black and silver graphics off of it...

Before

After

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I pulled off the decals (ones on the left side had scrapes on them anyway) .. Unfortunately the tank decals are clear coated so the tank is going to get a paint job...and the silver suzuki will come off the bottom.. I'm also going to extend the black stripe on the side to a point on the tail..

Anyone know how to get those hard ass stickers off of the hump? I got the hump off EBay I think.... the stickers are HARD as a rock, and a heat gun didn't help... Tricks?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NICE ... i want to do the same thing with the hdls but i want to follow that line above both hdls so it looks sort of like a mask in blk.
Yep, I was planning on doing the mask eventually. That is if you're talking about this:

That's probabaly one of my favorite bikes on here so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.