TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fixing a TL1000R, 01'. the bike came with no fairings, guages, stay etc. I have 2 plugs left from the headlight jumper harness that I don't know what to plug into or if they are unused. one is a 3 terminal plug with purple, black, and red wires, the connecter is oval shaped. and the other is a 2 terminal plug, with wires colored brown and black with a white tracer. the plug is shaped square/rectangle.

the connecters are pigtailed off the headlight jumper harness on the left side(clutch side). they have about 8 inches of length from the main jumper.

any help would be much appreciated, I've been bumping my head for weeks on this one. :banghead

Thanks in advance. Steve

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
The three pin is for the atmospheric pressure sensor and the two pin is not used on US and Canada bikes (on other models it is used for a running light in the headlight).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

Thank you. 3 wire made me think map sensor, but in addition to a map sensor the TL has a atmospheric pressure sensor. great, thank you much!!!!:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
APS part number

I don't see a listing at bike bandit for a APS.

I see a boost sensor, and map, but ???

mabey suzuki has a different name for it?

thanks again, steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got another question. I took a MAP sensor from a 97 TLs parts bike I have and plugged it in the APS sensor connecter for the TLR. Now the F.I. light is off. I know the pricipal behind the MAP and the APS is the same, but one works in + bar and the other in - bar, so would the map work correctly in it's place? any Ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
The MAP sensor listing on bikebandit is correct. The service manual calls it APS, but the fiche calls it MAP. Here's the part numbers: BikeBandit- 486755-001 and Suzuki- 18590-80C50. If you removed the MAP from the rear fairing area of the TLs then it is the right part. If you haven't downloaded the service manual yet, you should. Right click, save as- http://www.tlzone.net/filevault/TL1000R(98-02).pdf

·
Registered
52 Posts
Interesting!:) some who have a picturest off this sensor? I think i have the same problem, My bike not run like before i change My fairings, to Long fingers:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts