TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting one, next friday it should be mine. It's race prepped with full fairings, wave rotarts, carbon exhaust, vortex rearsets and a few other bits and pieces. The suspension is stock though :banghead and I want to change it up. Whats available for the rear? I've heard you can use a stock gixxer 750 rear and it's much better than stock. Also, what all is involved with installing a complete gixxer front end on this bike? I've hear that a lot of people do these mods when racing these bikes I just havent found a lot of info on them yet. I'm getting an awesome deal on the bike, I'm getting the bike, teknik one piece leathers, two helmets, two back protectors, sidi boots, front and rear stands and a few spare parts for 2 grand :devious All I need now is a new set of tires for it and I want a set of tire warmers before the season starts again.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Now you have two you can loan me one:devious

TLS front forks bolt up upgrade the stock TLS front fork suspension and you are set. Ohlins for the rear I hear.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I put a Penske on ours, and a complete TLS front end tops it off nicely!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the rear I've read that a stock gixxer 750 shock is good enough and fairly cheap. I didnt know any tl parts would bolt up which brings me to my next question, whos got a set of tls forks with tripple trees that they want to get rid of?

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Hmmm...you *could* also use suzuki triples with Yamaha forks, brakes and wheels. :devious

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would that really be any different that using gixxer parts?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
What you talking about man? :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
get a 03-04 636 shock if you want a cheap adj. shock

you need a custom head bearing to bolt on a gix front end

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, is that your's or just a pic you found?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
uhh

look at his sig line:coocoo AFM #715

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
umm...i found the pic somewhere on my computer ;)

T

·
0 Posts
So what did yo have to do in order to fit the Yamaha front end on your SV?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
it's only yamaha calipers. they bolt right into gixxer front ends w/ special spacers

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
upper/lower sharkskinz made specifically for the SV, based off the original TLR design (no ducts, little slimmer), tail based from the SV

1 - 20 of 22 Posts