TLZone Forums banner

I want projectors!

6K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  ITSMESTEVE 
#1 ·
Hey all, been less active lately, but I'm back and putting the miles on my bike again. Feels great! However...

I want HID's! I'm hesitant to throw HID bulbs behind my diffuser lense. I want either a finished complete kit or parts I might need, but the end goal is HID projectors behind a clear lens. I do not have the skills to made brackets to hold the projectors either, so those are very much needed if available. I've been searching for any group buys or those selling items, but am coming up empty handed.

Let me know what you have, I've got some jingle in my pocket and want these pretty bad. These stock headlights are a joke after riding with buddies who have properly setup HID's. This time of year 99% of our riding is at night.

#31 ·
It's one of these mounted upside down

#32 ·
Sweet... i am compiling all of the parts, just need to find a set of HID halo's for the kit, then i will begin the breakdown/assembly. I am very nervous about this, but I am going to attempt it. Riding season is almost over here in FL, so will give me 2 months to perfect my light. I still cannot find a light setup that resembles yours, Steve. I dont want to purchase one too small, as it would not balance well with the PIAA center light, and would make the housing look empty. Also, did you leave the mounting bracket on for the PIAA, or did you fab a custom mount. You have been so helpful so far, just a little more assistance would be appreciated.

#33 ·
The driving light is mounted to that flat area in the headlight using the supplied mount.

Odd,I just had a bit of a look around ebay for some projectors that go in place of the bulbs...didn't find any :confused

If you really want good headlights ,make some plates that go in place of the reflectors and use them to mount some of these

Stock projectors from an Accura TL
Best projectors around
I have a pair in my car,I'd like to put a pair in my 4 headlight setup but I don't think there is room.The Hella E55's in there were an extremely tight fit and the Accura projectors are considerably bulkier.
But a pair fitted in roughly the same spot as the stock reflectors would be terrific

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.