Cornwall camping.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cornwall camping.

Cornwall camping.

Together with a couple of friends and 2 or 3 yorkshiremen, one who frequents this site, I will be off to

Colliford Tavern
    Colliford Lake
    StNeots
    Cornwall
    PL14 6PZ

www.colliford.com

for a long weekend of camping, poodling around and checking out a few local attractions, beer and bullshit if anyone wants to join us.
    Core dates are Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th May although some may arrive earlier and/or stay later.
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Liking the testimonial on the web site from @landlord1975.

I'm wondering what "Arafat really good at breakfast" means.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

Sounds cool, sorry that I will miss it... However, at the moment I'm looking for some company for my Europe trip next summer. Everything is arranged and will be visiting Germany, Italy, Spain and France. Gonna take around a month I guess. I will stop in Spain for about a week in order to check a property for sale near Barcelona and then keep going. If you'd like to join I'd enjoy accompanied by 3 biker gentlemen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Cool, what are the dates for your trip?
    Any routes / crossings planned?
    What bike you using?

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

I have been trying to make my mind up for this summer for the last few months.
    Either.
    American canyons and national parks for 3 weeks. Shipping the GSA over.
    Alaska on a hired GSA. Up to the Arctic circle.
    Iceland touring the western fjords and mountains, camping with a little rough camping out in the wilds.. Shipping the GSA over.
    I've now decided to do the Iceland tour. 2nd half of August. There will be some off roading on gravel roads here and there. Sooo looking forward to this.
    America or Alaska next year.
    black TL1000Sx, owned from new, 01/08/1998, 86.000 miles.
    Red TL1000sv ,original 97 , bought from my girlfriend when we split owned by us since 2004. 30.000 miles.
    Honda XL500r. 1983. Owned since 1997. 30.000kms.
    r1200gs adventure with 106.000 miles.

Had an interesting time once chasing an articulated tanker lorry on the roads around the Hoover Dam. Granted we were in a rented Nissan Micra but that truck was shifting. Never knew you could get one around the twisties quite so rapidly. Then again, most of the truckers we met on that trip were wired off their t*ts on speed so maybe it didn't seem quick to the guy driving.

Anyway, some pretty cool roads around that part of the world. Definitely worth another trip.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

Quote Originally Posted by tlsgazza View Post
    I have been trying to make my mind up for this summer for the last few months.
    Either.
    American canyons and national parks for 3 weeks. Shipping the GSA over.
    Alaska on a hired GSA. Up to the Arctic circle.
    Iceland touring the western fjords and mountains, camping with a little rough camping out in the wilds.. Shipping the GSA over.
    I've now decided to do the Iceland tour. 2nd half of August. There will be some off roading on gravel roads here and there. Sooo looking forward to this.
    America or Alaska next year.
    Is it that much cheaper to ship the bike over then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckshop Ted View Post
    Is it that much cheaper to ship the bike over then?
    No. Bloody expensive. Just want to do it on my own bike. I'm not even sure if you can get a ferry there to take your vehicle with you.

Looked it up. There is one from hirtshalls in Denmark. 2 days to get to hirtshalls. Then 3 nights on the ferry..
    Bugger that. Only runs once a week. Then the same to get home. Would probably cost more too.
    Red TL1000sv ,original 97 , bought from my girlfriend when we split owned by us since 2004. 30.000 miles.

seen this? .................

https://adventure-spec.com/tracks/ha...-bike-iceland/

and the requirements from Iceland to take your bike? .....

https://www.icelandaircargo.com/prod...ices/vehicles/

fuck all that crap...hire one mate..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckshop Ted View Post
    seen this? .................

https://adventure-spec.com/tracks/ha...-bike-iceland/

and the requirements from Iceland to take your bike? .....

https://www.icelandaircargo.com/prod...ices/vehicles/

fuck all that crap...hire one mate..
    No need to hire one. Bike is shipped on a container complete with all my gear before I go. Fly over. Pick up bike in the morning. Have holiday with a group of like minded people.
    Finish holiday have a last night in a hotel then fly home and the bike is shipped back after I get home.
    All in all pretty simple really.
    Must remember to fit the TKC80's before taking it to the port.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links