Long Weekends away.

Thread: Long Weekends away.

Long Weekends away.

So for a while now myself and a brother or two, Acid Bob and his mate and MrMover have been mooching around the country on long weekends.

I decided I wanted to tour a bit more so I bought a 2003 BMW R1150RT to make life a little more comfortable and this year have been away a bit.

It started last September when Alan, Bob and I went to a camp site near Bridgend, South Wales and then onto one on the cliff tops at Cardigan bay then one near Harlech and finishing in a hotel near Welshpool.
    had a right laugh and decided to do it again.

Easter this year I went with a couple of mates to Verdun and Battle of the Bulge country for a week and stayed a hotel at each place - another right giggle.

June of course was the Treffen in Germany and Bob and I stayed on in Germany for a few extra days doing Battle of the Bulge stuff.

July found 4 of us up in Yorkshire staying at Squire's and the Tan Inn, August was another long weekend in Evesham (Cotswolds) at a hotel.

September found us again at the camp site near Bridgend. This is a cracking little site with beer and food on site and a real pub 2 minutes walk away.

And so we find ourselves in October and my brother and I will be off to a site near Holbeach in Lincolnshire where we will be staying in a caravan for 3 nights from this Thursday, 17th.
    Plan to look at the Muckleburgh Collection and ride the A149 from Kings Lynn around to Cromer then on to Happisburgh and a little cafe.

We are going to try and do something like this each month from April to October each year.

So far for 2020, as well as the Treffen in June where I expect Bob and I will be staying a few extra days, we will be making trips to Normandy, D-Day stuff for a week or so at Easter, May will be a long weekend in Cornwall. We also have scheduled a long weekend in the New Forest.

None of these a meant to be a tear-a-round or hours and hours in the saddle, the only one I will be doing on the UNO is the Treffen.

I stuck it up here as I thought maybe this would interest some others........................

just a lazy time away using the bikes, no pressures, a drinkypoo each night and a chance to tell lots of lies..................sometimes camping, sometimes in a proper bed.
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Well that sums things up nicely. Roll on the spring from our next ride out and if anyone wants to joins, more the merrier

Cheers, Bob

great to see you guys meeting up frequently. With my two kids getting older I'm finding it harder to get frequent weekends away unfortunately. Rather I'm finding i get a last minute free full day and I end up doing 4-6hrs of riding.
    130.8bhp and 77.2 ft.lbs. - Carbon Air Tubes - Race Airbox - Hyper Pro Sterring Damper - Hyper Pro rear Damper - VooDoo RearSets - OZ wheels - Yoshi Exhaust - Van top Triple - Driven Clip-ons - HID Projector Headlight - Custom Radiator Protector - Samco Coolant Hoses - Fan Switch Mod - TRE - DB Smoked Screan - Hell Brake & Clutch Lines - Tail Tidy - Hugger - LED Rear Cluster - Carbon Frame Covers - Black Shorty Levers - K9 Busa Radial Forks - GSXR1000 M/C - 1/5th Throtle Insert - GSXR1000 k9 front fender - Van Sprocket Cover

Sponsored Links