Home Guard Recruits needed -- German invasion imminent! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Home Guard Recruits needed -- German invasion imminent!

Well I visited the site in Lincolnshire and it will be ideal. The proposed venue is .... https://dougiescaravanandcamping.com/

There are 5 static caravans that have 2 bedrooms each and will comfortably take 3 single guys, a couple and 2 singles or at a push 2 additional singles on large couches.
    Additionally there are 4 touring type caravans for hire which can take similar numbers but without a bathroom of any sort and of course would be a bit more "cosy".
    Plenty of room for tents, caravans, trailers and campervans.

There is a swimming pool and a hot tub - if that's your sort of thing......................

The bar is plenty big enough with a second bar and a games room together with a covered outside area and additional outside seating.
    The pub does food from 7.30am and there is a surprisingly large menu but it is pub grub - no frills here.
    There are a couple of real ales and a selection of the usual beers and lagers.

The decor is dated and tired but clean and functional - if wanted there is also a "rally" field if you wanted to keep yourself separate.

The owners would be happy to accommodate us and once the kids go back to school the custom dies right off so they would be willing to reserve all the statics and vans for £100 in total.
    They are also willing to arrange live music for us for our stay. Additionally there was talk of a discount on the web listed prices which could help a lot with working capital.

I think 2, 3 or 4 of us need to get together and thrash out the basics, to commit enough money to produce a working budget of 2 to 400 quid to hold the site and accommodation then work on publicizing the event and deciding on badges, tombola, raffle, t-shirts and ride outs etc.
    I think it needs to happen soon so we can start pushing the meeting from December, particularly on your Facebook site Nick, and in the Biker Guide etc to get a larger turnout and of course to give the Germans and any other continental visitors plenty of time to sort out their lives.

Of course I made no commitment or undertaking with the owners so we could just forget it and walk away.

I could see this easily becoming a regular TL meeting.
    Toledo likes this.
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Hi Ted, You can count me in to help out with the organisation. Its looking like my house moves nearly sorted (fingers crossed) so I'll have a bit more time to get involved with things.

Cheers, Bob

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links