tl of the month 2014 - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: tl of the month 2014

Over on the 'planet, where there's always a fresh influx of newbies who are now getting better, there's more interest, but even they only have 3 nominations this month so far (picture of third disappeared??). Check out the nice blue TLS with custom frame.
    It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

It's not just this forum. All forums are all slowing in traffic and the "bike of the months" is hurting everywhere. You can blame social media (mainly facebook) for this. There are groups being made now on facebook instead of new forums going on. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by swiest152 View Post
    It's not just this forum. All forums are all slowing in traffic and the "bike of the months" is hurting everywhere. You can blame social media (mainly facebook) for this. There are groups being made now on facebook instead of new forums going on. It's sad.

Don't blame me....
    How do I fix this?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Plenty of TLR activity on Facebook. I was here mostly because of Sam, and sometimes Stu would come up with an interesting technical article, or Steve often had something worthwhile to add. But IMHO the Zone made fatal errors in driving away small niche vendors like Vandriver and Kendall Berg whose service to making stuff for small markets benefitted us more than it did them; the fees for these small-time guys should not have been the same as for the big warehouse vendors. Those bit players and some of the CF mfgrs played a big role in customized TLs, and the Zone had policies that broke up our family. It's unclear whether the market is big enough to support both sites, or whether two sites are any better than one. I was going to say that the Planet's Bitchin' bike contest was doing well, but it's getting sporadic over there too now, only two to vote on this month. We lost some good heavies over time, when Art left; N2WHEELIES is a moderator here but hasn't been on in 2 weeks but was on the planet yesterday.
    It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclecamper View Post
    Plenty of TLR activity on Facebook. I was here mostly because of Sam, and sometimes Stu would come up with an interesting technical article, or Steve often had something worthwhile to add. But IMHO the Zone made fatal errors in driving away small niche vendors like Vandriver and Kendall Berg whose service to making stuff for small markets benefitted us more than it did them; the fees for these small-time guys should not have been the same as for the big warehouse vendors. Those bit players and some of the CF mfgrs played a big role in customized TLs, and the Zone had policies that broke up our family. It's unclear whether the market is big enough to support both sites, or whether two sites are any better than one. I was going to say that the Planet's Bitchin' bike contest was doing well, but it's getting sporadic over there too now, only two to vote on this month. We lost some good heavies over time, when Art left; N2WHEELIES is a moderator here but hasn't been on in 2 weeks but was on the planet yesterday.
    now we have VAN back here,and honestly whod want KB to be around??
    yes its slover here than before,and theres atleast 6 groups in FB for TLs/SVs,BUT I prefer these two forums,they have been my inspiration for years and my second home!
    BTW. SAM will be back!
    cham, Zipcode and Dougie like this.
    TLOTM Aug 08 TLOTM Aug 09 TLOTY 2009 TLOTM Sept 10 TLOTM July 12
    SAMs 1080cc(143,7rwHP),AKRAPOVIC EVO1,PC3+custom map,ÖHLINS,ISR-Brakes,carbon....more carbon,UNO #12

I think one problem for a forum site right now is it seems social media, and basically forum sites like this were like bulletin boards of yesteryear.....they are the founding fathers of modern social media! Problem is that movement has now gone to Facebook, so as sad as it is that even in my 7 years of being a TL owner that we have gone from Face-What to......"FB" and people know exactly what you are talking about!

So to be relivant you almost have to have a "FB" presence! Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure how you do category's or sections on Facebook like we have on a forum site but today most people want a quick update or notification and topics or posts....a quick glance and then onto something else.

I study sales and business, have a BA in Business Banking and Marketing Management.....today's "mallenials" are summed up as "I want it right now, instant gratification....they are ALWAYS "connected" meaning to the interweb and if you don't have what they want to see someone else does and they are not brand loyal. They can and will be brand loyal or have the potential to be "if" and only if they are given that instant gratification and its done so in a developed and precise way with quality content!

So to be relavant right now the it thing to be is on "FB". Shit half the sites I find or goto now don't even have their own registration.....it's "Register with Facebook"! So while it's nice to feel warm and cozy and a few will over time stay loyal to a traditional site such as we have here with the Zone and the Planet, more so are moving on and the key is will over time FB become the next "My Space" or You've got mail....AOL, where they are the it thing to be and then years down the road they are the next cliche or joke?! I think if we could figure that one out we'd be the super filthy rich guys like Mark Zuckerfucker!

Maybe moving the BOTM to Facebook would create a better turn out? What Ya think?

It would be a good idea to get it on facebook. I've been on here a few years and not posted much because most of the information and problems have been covered before, I reckon a lot of newbies feel the same. This site is like an encyclopedia of all things TL, maybe to get more active members we could have a section on rides/roads/tracks that are awesome around the world. Just an idea.

I wouldnt say that. Ive just bought a TL and joined planet and zone. Ive looked at planet for about 10 mins. Its s**t! hardly any content. the posts are mostly 4-10 days old. here most sections have new posts you can count in hours.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    I wouldnt say that. Ive just bought a TL and joined planet and zone. Ive looked at planet for about 10 mins. Its s**t! hardly any content. the posts are mostly 4-10 days old. here most sections have new posts you can count in hours.
    Both are good sites. A lot of info here and on the Planet. Maybe give it another go

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links