tl of the month 2014 - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: tl of the month 2014

Why not have the voting screen on a pop up that delays access to the site until a vote had been made. Or even an emai to members and vote that way. Most other forums I'm on email me if I haven't been there in a while, so this couldn't be much harder.

One Liter Duc Eater Pat Man TLR's Avatar
    I usually voted on TLotM and TLotY when I have access to the computer and site. Me personally would love to have it back because it let me see what was out there and appreciate the work being done by members of this forum, I must say I have an account on the Planet which I haven't been on in quite a while, I spent most of my time here I like this site a little better because I am more familiar with it, plus for quite a while I couldn't post or ask question on the planet. I am an old dog and you know the saying you can't teach then new tricks. So I am begging bring back TLOM for this old dog.

Steve TLS how about putting up a survey to vote on who would like to have TLotM come back for next month base on the same vote and nomination time line and if there is enough interest bring it back in June?

Thanks

The members have voted with their feet.

It does not have the traffic that it used to have.

I have always voted but am excluded. (Open it up to all members)

Others that I have nominated were ineligible due to low post count rule. (Lower the post count rule)

A good open TLOTM could attract more much needed members.
    cham, dmack and MRTLR1 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    The members have voted with their feet.

It does not have the traffic that it used to have.

I have always voted but am excluded. (Open it up to all members)

Others that I have nominated were ineligible due to low post count rule. (Lower the post count rule)

A good open TLOTM could attract more much needed members.
    This guy makes sense.

Try dropping the nominations in between 1st and 7th and the votes for a week style and go to eg. Nominations in by end of month, eg, end March, peeps votes poll style throughout April, 1st May TLOTM FOR April is announced.
    And yeh drop the min post count thing.
    BTW, do subscribed thread at a certain point drop out, I was relying on that as I like many have a busy lifestyle.
    As I just noticed I have no subscriptions any more.
    Hoff

. . 01 TLR. TRE fitted. 190/55
    Stock for now.
    To come, gap mod maybe.
    Ohlins rear definitely, 180/55, Fan Mod,
    Long term maybe a power commander and air box mod

I think the rules are fine - I don't want to see the bike of some ego hunter who pops in then buggers off.
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckshop Ted View Post
    I think the rules are fine - I don't want to see the bike of some ego hunter who pops in then buggers off.
    I agree that to have some commitment to the group (ie posts) does deter ego hunters however there seems to be a problem.

Same rules = no TLOTM/Y as interest/inclusion has dropped from the members and therefor the creator of the competition.
    MRTLR1 likes this.

One Liter Duc Eater Pat Man TLR's Avatar
    MRTLR1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Man TLR View Post
    That thing is off it's face awesome, different, i like.

Hoff

. . 01 TLR. TRE fitted. 190/55
    Stock for now.
    To come, gap mod maybe.
    Ohlins rear definitely, 180/55, Fan Mod,
    Long term maybe a power commander and air box mod

i think you guys have missed the bigger point.

steve has mangaed the TLOTM for as long as it has existed.

you all have great ideas for why it should still exist ( no worries there)

but who's going to pick up the ball and run with it.

If you want it to happen then PM the site owners and put your hand up for the priveleges to be able to administer it.

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

I cant complain its not happening - cos I'm not prepared to put my hand up and run it. If someone else does I'll vote.
    Ride it like you stole it.

TLS CF cans;homemade SATRE;Airbox mod;K&N airfilter;'97 temp sensor mod;Iridium plugs;SV1000Coils;TLR bellmouths;OEM-style smoked screen;HH sintered pads front and rear;Metal Gear rotors;OEM mirror mounts blanked;bar-end mirror;short rear fender with homemade numberplate/indicator bracket;damper mount mod;Riflemans clear clutch cover and 1/5 throttle insert;Barnett clutch springs;Mini indicators;2.5wt oil in stock damper;PC II;Bitubo rear shock;Forks up 5mm with Race Tech internals - 1kg/mm springs, custom shimstack,re-valve, piston and cartridge kit;braided front brake line;billet sprocket cover;charging mod;plus mod;clutch-switch relay by-pass;stainless xhaust studs/brass nuts;welded clutch...

TLR 'Fighter: https://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki-...r-build-2.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links