September '13 TLOTM Vote Now! - Page 4

View Poll Results: September '13 TLOTM Vote Now!

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • adstl

15 55.56%
  • adstl

12 44.44%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: September '13 TLOTM Vote Now!

Great result Adam, sorry the other bloke lost.
    Thanks to Sparky,Mick and zone members for making my new silver dream machine so special to me and Diane. My 97 engine and wheels and 99 frame with kind donations to make this beautiful bike possible. k7 radial front forks and calipers, R powder coated swingarm with steel custom brackets and Honda 900 Hornet rear shock and 1100 lbs spring. R headers welded onto S front down pipe,home made front damper mod, pc111 usb, airbox mod, Art twin outlet oval cans, hydro clutch and Barnett springs,TRE, K&N Filter, gap mod tray,carbon undertray,tiny indys,top yoke conversion to mx bars,R6 throttle tube, Later ecu so no more stumbles at 3000 revs.6 spring clutch fitted with custom black pressure plate and clear clutch cover, cheers sparky,adam,chris and stu for the parts.

It was close, I bet he's gutted
    Who's fkin happy??.?? not me said snow white.WP rear damper gsxr k4/5 forks with gold calipers ,blackshadow discs,soon to be a hid/projector headlight,Harris adjustable rearsets,,pc2 k&n, zero limits seat hump,folding levers,mattyj clear clutch cover,rifleman 1/5th insert,more to come ..........

GP Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by gaztl1000r View Post
    It was close, I bet he's gutted
    a wins a win lol at least ive won it once , im afraid shes heading off to pastures new as soon as poss , want a newer bike next year cant afford two and run the car

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Well that was different.

In a more normal competition, I wish the rules required (or at lest suggested) that the owner list some of the mods. A lot of things are not immediately evident, and some of the nicest bikes are 'sleepers' that hide some of their best features. Without more data, this is just a beauty contest, which is cool for what it is, but I wonder if it could be more, or if votes could be more informed. Look at how long it took for N2Wheelies green '97 to win, partly 'cause some of its engine performance (cams, pistons, clutch) was not visually obvious. It also might be nice to doc the mfgrs and sources of some light fairings, tail sections, wheels, etc.
    It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

GP Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclecamper View Post
    Well that was different.

In a more normal competition, I wish the rules required (or at lest suggested) that the owner list some of the mods. A lot of things are not immediately evident, and some of the nicest bikes are 'sleepers' that hide some of their best features. Without more data, this is just a beauty contest, which is cool for what it is, but I wonder if it could be more, or if votes could be more informed. Look at how long it took for N2Wheelies green '97 to win, partly 'cause some of its engine performance (cams, pistons, clutch) was not visually obvious. It also might be nice to doc the mfgrs and sources of some light fairings, tail sections, wheels, etc.
    i do agree with listing the specs, some bikes have won before , with little more than wheels, slip on cans and a nice picture , the spec would show how much work was put into each bike

Congrats Adam
    Lovely bike and a lot of work is evident, but just like to add bikes are a thing of beauty that's mainly why we go for the bikes we have, the look, not slagging The TL of any variety, not at all, but there are better performing bikes out there, quite a lot actually but not as nice as the TL, so wether we mod them by sticking cans on or nice mirrors or in the case of some really clever guys out there who tune and mod engines we all deserve a chance to be judged by our pals.
    Congrats again mate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links