Tune up + Pipercross + PC111?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tune up + Pipercross + PC111?

Tune up + Pipercross + PC111?

So, my '01 TLR needs a tune up. I am going to dump the oil, do the brake and clutch fluid for sure.

I also know I need a new air filter. So I am thinking I use this excuse to get a Pipercross, which as I understand basically "mods" my stock, unmolested air box.

And since I am doing more air, I need to remap, so I also use this excuse to get a PCIII (I already have yosh slip ons)

While I am at it, I am going to do plugs (which I have never done!) but don't know which one's to get?

So, does this sound like a good tune up?
    Anything I am forgetting?
    Any opinions on my choices?
    Good (cheap) place to buy this stuff online? Cal-Sportbike is the only place I have found with Pipercross filters.

What do you guys think?

sounds good- I just bought plugs off of ebay- iridiums- CR8EIX I believe something to that effect- I think they were 7 or 8 bucks each.

Are stockers Irridium? If not, is they the best to run?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

You might add setting the TPS and balancing the throttle bodies.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Jeff

TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Stodgy ME

Questions about the Forums? Click Here

Stock plugs are NOT Iridiums ... make sure you get NGK plugs, people here have had problems with Denso Iridiums.
    Get the cleaning & oiling kit when you get the Pipercross too, you'll need to do that about every 3,000km!

AngryWasp
    I'm going to ask why go the Pipercross route? When I had my TLR I just modded the base plate in the airbox (had a BMC from the previous owner)and it's the same effect as the Pipercross. It'll save you some money to do a little something else to the bike. Possibly a set of SS brake lines, flushmounts, or maybe an undertail. Just a couple of thoughts.

I'm going to ask why go the Pipercross route? When I had my TLR I just modded the base plate in the airbox (had a BMC from the previous owner)and it's the same effect as the Pipercross. It'll save you some money to do a little something else to the bike. Possibly a set of SS brake lines, flushmounts, or maybe an undertail. Just a couple of thoughts.
    I am not 100% sure why go Pipercross. I am a bit confused as there are tons of different opinions on airboxes around here. I figured that the Pipercross wouldn't be that much more at around $100...since the K&N's that I have bought for my other vehicles are around $60. I have no idea how much a BMC is though.

I like your list of things to do with the money though! I hadn't thought of SS brake lines, the rest I have.

Stock plugs are NOT Iridiums ... make sure you get NGK plugs, people here have had problems with Denso Iridiums.
    Get the cleaning & oiling kit when you get the Pipercross too, you'll need to do that about every 3,000km!
    Thanks! I'll pick up the NGKs...do you know the #?
    You might add setting the TPS and balancing the throttle bodies.
    Can you balance the TBs w/o a tool?

Thanks for the input guys! Keep it coming!

The R plugs are CR9EK not 8s..
    -Tony

CR9EKIX aren't they?

Pipercross has a larger surface area ie. hole going into the airbox than any other base plate filter and being foam it'll filter better - as long as you look after it

Yea Kami for the Iridiums that is the P/N (CR9EIX). Their stock numbers (what AutoZone and NAPA told me the new PNs were last week) for standard is 4548 and the iridium's is 3521.
    -Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links