Not your usual exhaust bolt thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not your usual exhaust bolt thread

Not your usual exhaust bolt thread

Thought I'd have a look to see where I could put the WBC sensor, then thought hey it's still sunny why don't I see if I can move those bolts?

Took the other side of the fairing off, loosened the rad, put a bit of card over it, sprayed some CRC ... zap! straight out!
    Ok, let's see if I can get the header off ... wiggle wiggle twist zap! straight out

This was all too easy - nothing broken, nothing smashed (even the rad fins are ok!), didn't leave any skin behind ... what am I doing wrong

Upside Down Super Mod
    You trying to jinx yourself?
    My $0.02c, always just my $0.02c Steve

"I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Antipodean
    Questions about the Forums? Click Here

Nah, just waiting for the penny to drop - shit never goes this easy for me

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Kamikuza.... i thought the same thing when my header bolts just came out...like they should. I thought.. huh.. what did i do wrong?

when i swapped exhaust from stock to Yosh race i put anti seize compound on them. works great! and of course only 16ftlbs (hmm maybe it was 14..cant recall).
    Scorpio SE-i500 system,TLR MOTOR, pc2,yosh full system w/titanium cans , k+N filter, UFO tail light kit-sweet! Corbin seat,Heli Bars, Throttle miester, six pot tlr caliper system, dble bubble screen,Galfer ss brake lines front&rear,tl tank protector,Bitubo rear shock-thanks Origin8tor!,clear clutch cover, CRG Levers,clear tailight lens-new paint, front end reworked by Aftershocks, fresh Powdercoated rims and front Wave rotors via TODD at Cal sportbike,as well as a SPEEDO HEALER from him,,fan mod-thanks et79,gpi gear indicator w/ATRE-thanks again cal sportbike. Vesrah front brake pads... nice improvment. MY CUSTOM R/R WIRING HARNESS TO GET CHARGING SYSTEM UP TO PAR! check frequent mod section out!!

What is that stuff Kami' Can we get it over here, or is it just like WD40?
    Mark.

TLOTM JULY '11

People I will not deal with: tl1000s/tl1000r Will/2012-krystal or whatever he decides he might/might not call himself.

Neverseize brand. It's a thick silver liquid emulsion with very fine aluminum in suspension. They also make versions with other metals, like brass etc.

But the best solution is to install studs instead.
    It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve TLS View Post
    You trying to jinx yourself?
    You should have just shut up and enjoyed it. You are going to pay now.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Jeff

TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Stodgy ME

Questions about the Forums? Click Here

CRC 5.56 = WD40 does it not? I've got some Loctite Silver, so that's going on ... just realized I can't use studs - stupid Yosh uses springs

Yeah, I'm paying for it now ... I've got wicked flu and sore throat like you wouldn't believe - kept waking up last night unable to breath

Hope mine come out as easy when I put the new system on next week

I even got the bung welded today - took 20 minutes once I found the right shop ..! Finding the right shop was a minor miracle in itself ... just hope they got all the holes sorted and I drew the center correctly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links